Dear Riley, From Lucas

Dear Riley,

   I used to have a small crush on you. Ok it wasn't small. I used to think about you all the time. Ok you know what never mind, I'm getting off track from the true purpose of this letter. I used to like you before all this Maya killing Smackle stuff, you know that already. But I always thought you were so admirable, like, if Farkle had a social anxiety break down it didn't matter if you had been arguing. You helped him, you rubbed his back and whispered how it would be ok. That's something not many people can do. But I believe what's more admirable is what you did yesterday. It's been on my mind non stop. I always felt bad secretly when we would sit at our table and talk about Maya in such a way that it was as if she was a cancerous mole. No one deserves that even if they did kill someone, Smackle was a jerk anyway, she brought us together and then hurt us by making us do unspeakable things. I don't even wanna think about how she blinded Sarah.

   This is why I like writing so much, it helps me express the things I can't speak of. Like how angry I actually was at Smackle, or how much it tore me down when I saw Maya cry in that alley. But when you became a person of interest in Smackle death? That downright scared me. Of course I could never believe that you would hurt her because you are just an amazing person, but it's scary. Never being able to speak about important things because there are police in the other room listening in was terrifying. It was even scarier at the carnival. You were missing for 5 hours, no one noticed of course. I mean you were the girl that killed her best friend, but you weren't. It had been 4 hours before we began to search everywhere. In the last 15 minutes I was told to search the haunted house. By the time I reached you in the capsule you were only lightly banging on the door, too weak to move anymore. I was so mad when I found out someone trapped you in there, I wrenched the crowbar out of place and of course you were startled when you saw me. I mean I was this big shadow holding a crowbar. As you know I moved you out, shouting at Auggie and Topanga that I found you. I saw your phone on the floor and I looked at the messages and I knew you had been seeing Maya. I know your parents knew now, I know they told you to stay away from her because it might get you arrested. But I also know you've never been as pale as you were, you were shaking. I also know you were better as soon as you were with her.

  We walked out the door and Maya was standing by the entrance, she looked relieved when she saw you. Topanga was trying to rush you out of there and for a second I thought she was going to succeed. Maya must have thought so too because she had a look of sadness written across her features, but then you noticed her. You saw her and I've never seen you look so determined, you stopped, most likely contemplating. Topanga called your name and I stood there, I let go of you and gave you a nod, silently telling you to do what you want. You shot me a small smile and I was happy. That must have been the first time in awhile that I had been truly happy, I know you were too. I know you were shook up, I know your parents were scared of you being taken away. I think that's what made this better, you needed her as much as she wanted you in that moment. You took one look back at everyone else and without further hesitation you ran into her open arms. You cried into her shoulder letting everything go, she held you and told you it would be ok. 

   You must have stopped crying because you looked into each other's eyes, she wiped away your tears. I think I was the one crying after she told you she loved you, after you kissed, after she embraced you so gently and with so much care. I'm not usually a sentimental guy, but anyone who saw you knew you two were in love. I think just for a second, everyone watching forgot you were suspects in a murder and saw you as who you two really are. The people I now know, people who just love each other no matter the cost, and that's what really makes that night special. Because when you are with each other you are normal, you are fixed, you are lovers.

       Sincerely, Lucas Friar.

   (A/N)

I don't know why I wrote this chapter. I honestly have no clue. But I hope you enjoy.