Love me

-Maya-

Three years. It's been three years since I lost her. Three years since I falsely accused the love of my life and lost her. The story went something like, I told her my feelings, she kissed me, we dated, then I got insecure. It was bad to I just kept thinking, "Shes just doing this because I'm pathetic. She doesn't love me no one does." It drives me insane everyday.

-flashback-

"Riley can I talk to you?" I said pulling her into her room, she sat next to me in the bay window and kissed my cheek leaning onto my shoulder. "What's up peaches?" She smiled softly and it made my heart flutter before I remembered what was happening.

"Riley.. You don't have to pretend anymore." She looked up at me confused, "What do you mean babe?" I looked down as I scooted away, "I know you don't like me, I know you're just doing this because you pity me. It's ok I can handle not having the feelings returned. It just hurts that you lie about having feelings for me." Riley looked genuinely shocked and she tried to scoot closer but I kept scooting away,

"Peaches... I do love you! You make me so happy, please don't say you think you're pathetic. I think you're perfect." I shook my head and I could feel the tears about to flow and she tried to scoot closer once again but I was on the edge. I stood up, "Stop LYING!! RILEY HOW COULD YOU LIE STRAIGHT TO ME FACE?!" This time I felt the tears stream down my face.

"I'm not lying Peaches." She said softly trying to calm me down, "NO! You're gonna realize you're FOOLING YOURSELF!! AND THEN LEAVE ME!!! I CAN'T TAKE ANYONE LEAVING ANYMORE RILEY!!" She looked frustrated, "I won't leave you Maya. You mean the world to me." I shook my head again as she began to approach me, "NO! DON'T EVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN! UNLESS YOU'RE SAYING SOMETHING THAT'S TRUE!" She stood there and looked at me shocked, "OK FINE THEN!! I WON'T!! I WILL JUST FORGET ALL THE AMAZING TIMES WE HAD AS FRIENDS!! AND ALL THE TIMES WHILE WE DATED EXAUSE YOU KNOW IT WASNT REAL IN THE FIRST PLACE ACCORDING TO YOU!!"

I ran out the front door and never once looked back.

-end of flashback-

The next day at school I had my schedule changed so I had no classes with her. It hurt like hell though not seeing her everyday. At the end of the year I convinced my mom to let me be homeschooled and we moved upstate to Shawn's cabin.

Thinking about what I did hurts me so much because I ruined my own life that day. I wiped my face on my sleeves and went out to the living room. Shawn and my mom were asleep on the couch watching some old movie.

I turned off the tv and tucked them in with a blanket and smiled thinking about how great they are for each other. I locked the front door and headed back to my room and I began to absent mindlessly draw. When I was done I put it on the window so I could look at it from far away.

I choked back the tears as I looked at my latest drawing. It was Riley at exactly 5 in the bay window. I know that because she was golden, she was perfect.

I tore the page from my book and shoved it in a box I keep under my bed. It's a box full of everything Riley, all my drawings, pictures I used to keep all over my walls, the locket she got me for my 15th birthday. The only thing that could remind me of her that I keep out is the friendship ring she gave me. "Thunder...." I mumbled while holding up my hand waiting for her to be there to say her part.

I felt a familiar hand intertwine with mine, "Lightning." I heard her voice say, now I'm officially going crazy I look up and she's standing infront of me. I almost scream but I don't, "R-Riley.... Why? H-How? Am I going insane?" She chuckles and its my favorite sound in the world,

"No peaches. It's taken me three years. But I found you. I would've shown up years ago if it weren't for my parents. I was devastated so they told me I wasn't allowed to try and see you. But I snuck out last night and went to your old apartment. You weren't there so I took the subway here as fast as I could. Maya I'm in love with you. I miss you so much, I know you didn't believe me before but do now. Pl-"