Missing you

-Riley-

Not a day goes by that I don't miss Maya, Not a day goes by without wishing I had chose her over Lucas. I lost my best friend that day....
(Flashback)
"Riley I care about you so much I'm your best friend why are you even considering him? You really want to leave me for him? Please Riley I love you so much I don't want to lose my best friend!" The Blonde leaned against the locker and began to sob knowing the Brunettes choice.

"Riley, do what your heart tells you." The cowboy said with a smile, the brunette smiled back and went over to her best friend, "Maya I'm gonna miss you, but know your beautiful beyond words, and perfect beyond imagination." Riley said rubbing her thumb on the Blondes cheek to wipe away her tears, "Lucas I love you." The cowboy did a happy dance as the blonde glared, "You won cowboy, treat her right, or I swear to god I will hunt you down." Maya let a tear slip down her cheek before she walked away for ever.
(End of flashback)

I miss Maya so much. I don't know why I picked Lucas, I guess at the time I thought it was for the greater good. I hated it in Texas, it's not right for me, it's not busy and bustling with noise. I don't have my best friend anymore, I don't even know where she is.. And Lucas left me for his old girlfriend, I was all alone... But I had managed to change and get a great job.

I want to come back to Maya but since my parents have been gone a long time I wouldn't even have a place to stay when I look for her and I don't really have enough money for a hotel in NY this time of year. Plus being in NY makes me homesick for my parents. And brings back the terrible memories of the crash that I lost them in. WAIT! Last thing I heard, Maya's mom was still there.

Filled with hope I packed my bags and bought a plane ticket to the place I left 10 years ago.

(No P.O.V)

So the Hopeful left for the big apple, meanwhile.

The aged blonde wanted to see her friend everyday but she accepted the fact that the girl she was in love with left her for the cowboy a long time ago, and that she was never going to see her again. The girl pushed the thoughts of the hopeful away and continued bussing tables.

At the end of the night she went to her new apartment on the edge of Manhattan by the diner where she worked. She shut the door behind her and the blonde took fistfuls of her curls and sobbed. "WHY RILEY?" The skinny almost unrecognizable cried, this was what normally happened. She put on a show for everyone so they'd leave her alone, but the truth was that she missed Riley. She never got over her leaving her for the cowboy 10 years ago, the day she left was coming around too. November 15.

The main reason the blonde was so upset by her leaving is because a few days later, she was going to ask her out. The Blonde cried herself to sleep, curling into a ball infront of the door and occasionally whispering, "Riley. Please."

-Riley-

When I got to NY it was around noon, but no sun was shining. It was pouring rain, I walked down the familiar street and reached her door. I waited a couple minutes so I could prepare myself, I brought my hand to the door and knocked. Almost five minutes later Maya's mom just as I had remembered her appeared at the door, "Riley? Is that you you? don't look the same, and I thought you moved to Texas." I hugged her and she was taken off guard, "I did, I lived in a small apartment so this is all my things but I need to know where Maya is." Her mom looked at me puzzled, "Sweetie no ones talked to Maya in years, she was devastated by your leaving and after high school she moved out to who knows where. All I know is she works at a diner on the edge of Manhattan." My heart sank.

"Thank you Ms. Hart." She nodded and I left, I sat on her porch in the rain to brain storm. That I knew of there were about 20 diners on the edge of Manhattan, "Guess ill have to go to each one. Your worth it Maya. I'm never leaving you again." I yelled for a taxi and I began at the first diner I knew.

It was around 8 and I was hungry, so I went to the last diner on the edge of Manhattan, no one else in any of the diners knew anyone named Maya, but I wasnt about to give up on her. I approached the diner, I was soaking wet and I had lost some hope. I walked inside.

It smelled greasy, I sat down in a booth because I was hungry by now. I saw a pretty skinny girl bussing tables her messy blonde curls reminded me of Maya. But it wasnt her. Maya was energetic, full of life, her blonde curls bouncing when she moved. Someone snapped in front of me, it was the girl. "Excuse me, you just gonna stare at me? Or are you gonna order?" I looked down, "I'm sorry I'm just looking for someone, and you look like her. But ummm I guess I'll take a tuna melt, you know that was her favorite thing to eat, we split one a couple times." She sighed, "All right coming right up." I looked up at her, "Excuse me about that person.. Do you know anyone by the name of Maya Hart?" The girl froze and slowly turned around to face me, "How did you know my name?" I lit up, "Is your mom Katy Hart? Did you have a best friend named Riley who left you about 10 years ago? Is your favorite diner item a tuna melt"

Maya looked at me shocked, "Oh my god who are you? How do you know those things?" I got up and hugged her tight, "Oh Maya. It's me. I'm here. I'm back." Maya hugged me so tight, "Riley, your here... I could barely recognize you! But the biggest question is why are you here? I thought you left for Texas for good. Why are you looking for me? Why a-" I cut her off with my lips, "That's why." Her eyes lit up and she looked like herself again, full of life, "Sit we need to have a talk." I pointed to the seat across from the booth she sat,

"Maya. Not a day went by that I didn't wish I would've picked you. Not even two days after I got there I caught Lucas kissing his ex. I had no where to go so I stayed there until I got my job, I had enough money to make it by so I rented out a small apartment, that's why I have a small suitcase because I didn't have a lot of stuff which is great because it was a lot easier to carry through the other diners. So yesterday I packed up, quit my job, got a rent refund and came here. Well to your mom." She just looked at me curiously and listened.

"I almost didnt come looking for you when she told me she had no idea where you are, but then she told me she knew you worked at a diner on the edge of Manhattan. I went through all of them asking for you. No one knew who you were, this diner, the Dine-in diner. And I didn't recognize you I just thought your curls looked like Maya's but it was you. And I'm sorry for leaving I never should've I-" she cut me off with another kiss.

(No one)

The blonde moved to the other girls side "It's ok, all that matters is that your here now Riles." The blonde cupped the Brunettes face in her hands and kissed her gently, "Oh you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that for." The brunette blushed, "Oh peaches you still manage to make me blush." It was the blonde that blushed this time.

The blonde got up and intertwined her hand with the hopeful. They walked together to the manager, "Im taking of the rest of the night and I'm taking off the next 3 days. I know I have them I haven't taken off since I got this job." The manager stood there in shock as the lovers walked out of his diner and headed to the blondes apartment.

When they arrived the blonde looked around with a smile on her face for what seemed like the first time in the whole time she lived here. The apartment was too big for one but it was the only semi-cheap one available at the time. The brunette looked around with her big beautiful smile, "Riley have I told you you look stunning, yet?" The brunette looked down blushing and then frowned, there were wet spots on the door and on the floor, "Maya why is there wet spots on the floor and door?" Maya looked ashamed, "Well... Riles you see.. Since I started working at the diner I haven't actually slept in my room.. I come home after shifts over and I sit in front of the door and cry myself to sleep because I... I never could get over your leaving."

The brunette looked at the blonde lovingly, "Oh Maya." She ran over to her and tackled her in a hug. But she knocked her over and the blonde fell onto the couch with the brunette on top of her cuddling her, "Oh Riles I missed you so much." Maya kissed her girlfriends forehead and they fell asleep cuddling on the couch.

(A/N) so I think this is the longest and cutest one I've wrote. Let me know. Thanks for reading. Enjoy bye.