Smoke and Fire

(Riley)

It's now been a year since Maya left. I've gotten over it mostly, thanks to Sabrina. She's always there for me.... Yeah we may also kinda be dating..... She took me in after Maya left and broke up with me, it was kinda crazy because Sabrina looks so much like Maya and sometimes my emotion get control of me and I say Maya instead of Sabrina.

I can always see the hurt in her eyes when I do because she try's so hard to get me over but my ankle catches every time. I love her so much, she makes me better. Plus she's just like me, she's so adorable and goofy. With her flowing (originally blonde) now light pink curls she's a couple years older than me, she's still a little bit shorter though.

It means a lot to me that she cared so much when she saved me on the street one day.
(Flash back)

I was walking down the street as it was pouring rain so you couldn't tell I was crying. I was crying because the love of my life Maya Hart is moving and she broke up with me. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and I almost walked into a busy street, but Sabrina grabbed me just in time and she took me back to her house where we talked and talked for what seemed like hours.

-end of flashback-

It was soothing at first because she looked like Maya. But she's amazing and she deserves to be loved, so when she asked me out I agreed. But I think she's awesome and I love her to death.

It was crazy because I just opened up to her that day and she didn't close me, she held me open until I closed myself. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt her shift beside me. "Riley are you going to be ok? I'm going to tell you something..." My face dropped.

"Are you breaking up with me Sabby??" She chuckled, "No Riley it's just I'm afraid to tell you this.. Because well it hurt you so much but... Umm well it just popped up in my feed." I chuckled, "Come on spill it! It can't be that bad!" I grabbed the phone from her hands and my smile turned into a frown real quick.

"New news on Maya Harts tour! 'Ill play my last show in New York, then ill be staying there for awhile. It's my home you know? And I'm also looking forward to seeing my old friends.' Says Maya. Our interviewer asked about dating life and she seemed kinda upset at the topic, 'No. I'm not dating anyone at the moment. Another reason I chose New York for last is because I was hoping to see a certain someone.. Someone that I took advantage of last time I was here.. She was amazing and I've come to win her back.' 'Well Maya we wish you luck! Thanks for being here we will see you next time.'"

I stared at the phone just shocked, "Riley you can still go to the high school reunion. I don't think she'll show up, I mean she has an interview scheduled during that. Do you still wanna go?" I nodded my head, I knew she wouldn't miss the reunion for the world even if it meant losing fame. I just had to see her.

It's the night of the high school reunion. I'm shaking, Sabrina notices but she hasn't said anything. I think she's thinks I'm nervous to see my old best friends. So I'm just gonna stick with that, even though its because Maya's coming.

I'm terrified as to what people will think. We were the model couple. Sabrina can't come because she has work at The NightHawk Diner. I dried my sweaty palms on my jeans and headed out the door. Where I live now isn't that far away from the high school so I got there pretty fast.

When I got there I looked around and I saw Farkle and Lucas cuddled up in the corner. I walked over to them and we talked as people began to show up. I was happy and somewhat relieved that Maya hasn't shown up.

All of a sudden a hush fell across the room. My stomach turned into knots, I swallowed hard, "Hey! Man why are y'all so quiet? It's just me! Same old M-... Riley...." I shut my eyes and faced towards Lucas and Farkle who left as I heard footsteps behind me.