Actual Into the Shadows Chapter

Okie dokie now that I've recovered from it, some actual thoughts on Into the Shadows:

It wasn't as horrible as it could've been.

Granted, I caved and read some spoilers, so once I found out what all happened, I was expecting it to be like a crack fic. But it looks like DHX really tried and just sorta fell short?

Like I get the idea of people being left behind after Blakk leaves that want to continue his work. BUT instead of bringing in a new and confusing character (who's Tad's mom? How did he get on the surface?), they had a character already made up:

TWIST.

Idk maybe I'm just Twist trash but like he is such an awesome character. I nearly lost it during Dark as Night when they finally acknowledged his existence.

I just feel like there would've been more development, honestly less work on DHX's part, and more plot opportunity if they had used Twist.

But I do like some parts.

We finally get SOMETHING on Eli's backstory, although from what I can tell, canon's changed a bit since we last heard. There was a message from the Slugterra Facebook page that was posted saying stuff about Eli's mom throwing him a 15th birthday party or something. But now his mom just left? Was it before or after Eli got Will's letter? What on earth would make her pack up and leave him? I really really hope this stuff won't be just forgotten by DHX.

I also like Peiper's design- she looks awesome in both protoform and velocimorph.

The stuff with the Shadow Clan was kinda 'meh' too. I understand the desire to maybe develop them more but this wasn't the best way to do it. They were mad at Eli for leaving even though he left the caverns in their care??

Overall, it could have been better, but I was expecting a lot worse. At this point I'm just glad for more Slugterra, you know?