SLUGTERRA SEASON 3 NEWS

Okay so first off they keep referring to this as season 3 online but season 3 started with The Return I'm pretty sure, so I'm calling it season 4. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though, it's just that everything I've seen listing the episodes has counted The Return as the start of the third season

EDIT: After some digging I realized they counted The Return as the second half of season 2 after a hiatus. So technically there are only two seasons and this new one will be three

On the DHX Media website:

Slugterra is an epic sci-fi comedy adventure set deep underground, where the ammo's alive and only the quick survive! In this luminous, high-tech underground world, every cavern holds a new adventure, a new battle and magical, transforming slugs to be discovered. In season three, Eli and the Shane Gang help their new friend Junjie return to his home in the mysterious Eastern Caverns, only to discover that the sinister Emperor has been ruling with an iron fist for 20 years! The gang promises to help Junjie defeat the Emperor. It won't be easy going up against the Emperor's henchmen, army of stone warriors and arsenal of slugs twisted by dark magic. But with their own loyal, powerful slug buddies and the ancient slugslinging secrets of Slug Fu on their side, Eli, Junjie and the Shane Gang are determined to save Slugterra and the Surface World from the Emperor's diabolical plans.

OKAY

SO YEAH

First off, 20 years? How old is Junjie? I was willing to bet he was 20, but apparently not.

Second, the Emperor. I'm not sure how this will play out. Was the Emperor working with the Goon? I thought the Goon said the Eastern Realms were destroyed? He definitely said they were 'conquered'.

Third, slugs twisted by dark magic. I assume this will be their way of bringing ghouls back. I'd like to think the ghouls may be known as something else in the east and maybe even have a different reputation- like, maybe the Emperor has completely ghouled all the slugs, so even allies of the gang might have ghouls?

Fourth, EASTERN CAVERNS! Oh man I wanted to learn more about the East so much. From the bits and pieces we've seen it looks incredible. I'm eager to see how they live different than Slugterrans.

Looks like the season's scheduled to be released this summer, too! If you want more info, check out the Slugterra wikia for season 3, and it lists the sources.

Cyan out!