nature : chapter thirty-five

this is bad and ugly

I'm tired sigh

30+ comments!!

-

Luke slammed the front door of the house behind him, balancing the cardboard box in his arms as well as his satchel with his laptop in it. He went to the living room, seeing the kids, Reece and the babies sitting down.

Luke put the box down slowly, tipping it to the side and opening it. "Guys." Luke said, making everyone look at him and then Luke opened the box and a small puppy bounded out.

The kids gasped, moving towards Luke and the puppy and Cory picked him up first, "he's so fluffy!" He exclaimed.

Luke grinned at his sons excited face and looked at Reece who was entertaining the babies in their bouncers. Reece let the kids play with the new addition to the family before going towards Reece and leaning down and kissing his head. "Good afternoon baby." Luke beamed, "how was your day?"

"Good." Reece said, "the babies were good, they already ate. They need to sleep in two hours."

Luke hummed, sitting down beside his boyfriend and taking Scott from his bouncer, the now two week old being whiny and crying softly. Luke cooed at his son, "hey don't cry baby, you'll make yourself sick crying." He soothed, rubbing Scott'd back. "You sure are the loud one." Luke chuckled.

Luke pressed a kiss to Scotts head, looking at Reece, "do you remember when I first came to you and Cory wouldn't stop crying?"

Reece nodded, "I do, now look at you." He smiled. "I think we've both matured." Reece said, soothing Sam while playing with his thin layer of blond hair. Sam and Scott were both gonna have Luke's blond hair and blue likes, like Cory had. Declan was the only child with brown hair, making him the odd one out, looks wise.

"You think you have?" Luke asked, "you were already twenty seven when I met you, I think that's mature enough."

"I wasn't mature at all, I ran away from my problems, I ran away from you." Reece said, looking right at Luke. "We both know that, you were more mature than me."

Luke smiled, "at least you accept that running away wasn't the best solution."

Reece nodded, "I know, I could've had this with you a long time ago." He said, "that's my biggest regret you know,"

"I know." Luke said, leaning forward and kissing Reece softly. "I love you a lot."

"I love you too."

Luke and Reece sat on the sofa, the kids sitting around them, Cory on Luke's lap as he stroked the dog. "What did you name him?" Luke questioned his son.

"I named him Dean." Cory giggled, "because we have a Sam and he needs a Dean."

Luke laughed softly, "of course you did."

"Thank you for the puppy." Cory said, before climbing over Luke, leaving small Dean to rest, before going to Reece. "Thank you for letting me have a puppy Dad."

Reece smiled, "it's okay."

An hour later, Luke and Reece were in the bathroom with the babies. Reece sat in the bath with Scott in his lap, Luke sitting by the bath, Sam in his lap.

Reece put some soap in to his hands, rubbing them together before he washed Scotts back, "he's so tiny and soft, I can't get over how cute it is."

Luke smiled, watching as Reece washed their son, then looking down at Sam and grinning. He set a kiss to his other sons head and then he realised how content he was with this moment.

"I've been thinking." Luke started, Reece looking at the blond.

"What about?" Reece questioned.

"Hold on." Luke said, taking off Sam's nappy before putting him in the bath wth Scott and Reece. The babies clinged together as soon as Sam was put down so Luke stood up, "I'll be back, gimme a minute."

Reece waited, holding both his boys close to him so they didn't fall in the four inches of water. Reece waited for Luke to come back and when he did he knelt down by the bath again.

Reece looked at him, "what did you need to do?"

Luke looked down at the box in his hands and then he held it up to Reece, "I love you, a lot." He said.

Reece smiled, biting his lip at the sight of the box, he knew what Luke was gonna do and he could already feel his eyes tearing up.

"And I really wanna marry you." Luke breathed, licking his lips before grinning brightly. He looked down at their kids together, "I just love you so much."

Reece sniffled, covering his mouth as he sobbed and then he nodded, he kept nodding before he pulled Luke close, kissing him on the mouth.

"So you'll marry me?" Luke whispered.

Reece nodded again, pulling away, "I'll marry you Luke."

Luke then opened the box, "Mike and cal helped pick it." He said, taking the ring out and slipping it on to Reece's ring finger. "As soon as your sister mentioned it, I thought why not? We're practically married anyway." He joked lightly, watching Reece wipe at his cheeks. Then he lifted his hand and wiped under Reece's eyes.

Reece sniffled again, pulling the babbling babies in to his chest closer. "Get in the bath." Reece said looking at Luke.

Luke nodded and stood up, stripping to his boxers and climbing in to the other side of the bath, pulling Sam in to his lap again. Reece shuffled closer to Luke, pulling him closer too before kissing him.

"You make me so happy." Reece whispered, "I love you so much."

Luke grinned, feeling Sam touch his chest, "I love you too." He said before looking down at the small babies in their laps. "How about we put these two down to bed and then we have some alone time later?" Luke asked softly, his hand cupping Reece's cheek. "How's that sound?"

Reece nodded, "yes please, that sounds great."

The couple put nappy's on the babies, putting them in to onesies before putting them in the babies room. Reece set Sam down, kissing his head before stepping away and letting Luke put Scott down. Luke then turned to Reece, "are we good?"

Reece nodded, looking at the babies before looking back at Luke. "We're good."

They went to their room, putting on their pyjamas, it was only 7 o'clock, too early for bed, so Luke straddled Reece, cupping his cheeks and kissing him softly.  "I love you." Luke whispered softly, pecking him again.

Reece smiled, "did you get condoms yet?" He asked softly.

Luke shook his head, "not yet."

Reece ran his hand across Luke's back, "go to the shop, get some ice cream for the kids, but some condone and some pills for me and then when the kids are in bed..." He said, his hand on Luke's thigh, sliding around to his crotch. "We can, yknow."

Luke chuckled, "I like the way you think."

-

Rip two more chapters and an epilogue!!