nature : chapter nineteen

50+comments pls ty ily

-

it was now the start of December and the (sorta) family were putting up the christmas tree.

"No a little to the left."

"Wait too far."

"More to the rig--not that much; Luke!"

"Reece make up your damn mind." Luke said with a glare, "my arms are gonna drop off."

Reece pouted, "Just put them around the fireplace then."

Luke nodded and did as told, putting the lights around the top of the fireplace. Then he plugged them in and smiled, standing beside Reece, "see no need to have them perfect, they look fine."

Reece nodded, before looking at the kids who were putting borballs on the tree, the tinsel already being on it.

"Cory, do you wanna get the train set from under my bed?" Luke asked, making Cory smile and stand up, running from the room. A few minutes later he walked in with the box, putting it on the floor, letting Declan help him put it together.

They put it under the tree so it circled the bottom of it. "That's adorable." Reece said, smiling at Luke.

"It is, Cory loves Christmas." Luke smiled, "our first one, he was nine months old and  he was babbling away and crawling everywhere." Luke smiled before he remembered that if Reece had stayed their first Christmas could've been together.

But no, he wasn't going to dwell on it because he's starting over, turning a new leaf in their books.

Reece was probably just as sad that he wasn't with Luke at Christmas--and Reece was.

Later that night, when all the kids were in bed, Luke and Reece were curled up on the sofa together, cups of hot chocolate in hand. They didn't sit on opposite ends of the sofa but they weren't cuddled either. They had a blanket on their laps to share and they were content with that.

"So for Christmas Day, we usually go to my parents, where all my brothers and everyone is, there's usually like five kids, and it's really busy." Luke told Reece.

"Damn that's a lot of people." Reece mumbled, sipping his chocolate.

"My mum said to invite your family too." Luke added then making Reece freeze up.

Reece refused to let Luke near his family. They were hell.

"Oh uh, I don't think they can do it. My brothers and sister have their own families so they spend it together. It's usually me, the kids, and my mum." Reece said, and he really didn't want his mum near Luke either, she was the worst.

"I've never met your mum, even when we were dating." Luke mumbled, glancing at Reece and seeing he looked a little pale. "You don't look good, have you been taking the meds the doctor gave you?"

"Yeah I had them before, I'm fine. It's just my mum, she's a little...crazy?" Reece said, not looking at Luke, but the blond watched him intensely. "I mean she's not insane but like, she is? At the same time she's not?"

"I get what you mean," Luke said, "my mums like that at Christmas, my dads really laid back."

"Your parents are still together?" Reece questioned.

Luke nodded, "they've been together since there was like sixteen, at nineteen they had my brother, Ben. They had me at twenty four. So they've been together like thirty years?"

"Wow." Reece mumbled, "my dad cheated on my mum when I was sixteen, now he's got a supermodel wife and two kids, with her, one's fifteen and the others twelve."

"Really?" Luke questioned, sitting up a little and turning to Reece fully. "That's such a dick move."

Reece nodded with a hum, "that's when she went a little crazy, she hasn't remarried or dated since and I'm thirty four now."

"Do you still see your dad at all?"

Reece shook his head, "no, well I mean he sees my sister but not the rest of us."

Luke frowned, putting his arm around Reece's shoulder and kissing his head. "I'm sorry your dad is so shitty."

"I try to be the opposite of him with my kids but sometimes I feel worse. I did what my dad did to Ashton." Reece frowned, "you know, you're so lucky to have a great family and friends, like Calum and Michael are amazing friends."

Luke smiled, running his hand through Reece's hair. "Sometimes they can be twats."

"I don't have any real friends. There's people at work but we never hang out outside of work. I think the guys there don't like me because I'm gay and got three kids and the girls just avoid me."

Luke put down his hot chocolate before putting Reece's down too, then he pulled Reece in to his chest, kissing his cheek. "Maybe you should move back here then." Luke said, lips skimming Reece's ear.

Reece turned his head to look at Luke, their faces close. And then they leant in slowly.

Only for Luke's phone to ring.

Luke stood up with a sigh, picking up his phone from its charger by the TV. He answered the call, only to hear a scream.

"Calum? The fück happened!"

"I proposed to Claire." Calum gushed.

"That's great Cal," Luke said, sitting down beside Reece again, his arm around Reece's shoulders.

"What?" Reece asked.

Luke pulled his phone away from his mouth, "Calum proposed to his girlfriend."

"I thought you two had a thin before."

"Open relationship."

"We're gonna celebrate tomorrow night." Calum said, "you have to come."

"Reece is coming too," Luke said, making Reece pout at him and Luke smiled.

"Okay fine, if he has to." Calum sighed.

Luke rolled his eyes at Calum's attitude. His friends didn't like Reece still, but they barely even knew him. "Well congrats on getting engaged Cal, go have fun."

Calum hung up then and Luke put his phone down before looking down at Reece.

The two stared at one another and they slowly leaned in. Luke paused when their noses were touching and their eyes were closed, "if I kiss you now, we go slow."

Reece nodded eagerly, before Luke moved his head and pressed their lips together.

-

Mhm this ship be sailing now

Feedback!!

Christmas with the Hemmings?? Reece's family?

Calum getting engaged?

Their kiss?