The Newest Memory

Start from the beginning

"Why?" He asked himself. He started walking again. Seeing chambers with different robots in them, the robot thought that they were just being tortured. No one deserved this treatment. Not even the ones that wanted to murder. 

He saw a lot of others walking by looking at him. He felt super nervous. Everyone looking at him. It was terrifying. He silently walked past the robots and bumped into someone. It didn't look like the others. 

"Welcome new one." 

"Um hello." Rock was super nervous at the moment. 

"I am your leader." Once he said that, every robot bowed to him. Rock awkwardly bowed to him. Then the man started laughing. 

"Oh boy, you are funny," The man said between laughs. Rock got super nervous again. 

"Um yeah sir." 

"Did, you read my note?" Rock nodded at the guy. 

"Well, how was exploring so far? Did you like the human heads on the wall?" Rock nodded, not wanting to say no. This guy was intimidating. With his super short white hair with bald spots and a thin frame. He didn't look menacing, but his tone was intimidating. 

"Well, we have to train you okay? You can't go out in this world without self defense," The man explained. 

"Are you ready young one?" Rock nodded nervously. 

"Well come on then young one." They both started walking towards the training room, which didn't take long. It was only a few doors away. When they were walking Flora whispered something. 

"Good luck. You're going to need it." 

When they were in the training room, Rock saw the most terrifying obstacle course. It had fire, poison, and a lot more. 

"This is the beginners course. Don't worry, you will be okay." Rock saw the evil grin on the old man's face then started the course. The first part was the poison trap. Rock quickly jumped over the poison moats then ran towards the enemies. 

He had no idea what his weapon was since he woke up only half an hour ago. He quickly dodged the dummy like enemies for at least 5 minutes. The older man didn't even talk. Rock was getting tired fast. 

"Oh no," Rock whispered to himself as his vision was blacking out. He fell to the floor, starting to close his eyes. Before he passed out, he heard an evil laugh. Then everything went black. 

----------

September 18th 2150

He woke up startled. From that dream. He was starting to remember what happened. The sniper, Amara. It was terrifying. He was in a bed. Not similar to the metal tables at all. It was soft, comfy, and calming. He has never been in this before. 

He got out of the bed, noticing that he was alive as ever. Surprised that the poison didn't kill him. Is this how a human lives? 

He walked towards the door, wanting to know what happened. He tried to open the door, but it was locked. What is going on? 

A few minutes later, someone entered the room. He looked like a military veteran. It looked like he had a gun so Rock didn't want to get killed today. He just woke up. 

"Oh, walking I see? I am not surprised robot." That tone really made Rock feel bad. Rock was silent. He was scared. Cornered and helpless, Rock whimpered in fright. The man noticed this then calmed down. 

"Okay. I've heard from the boy that you were fighting robots. Is this true? Or is the kid hallucinating?" 

"It is true. I was fighting with the human. Not every robot is evil." Rock was truly scared then didn't say anything.

"Okay. If you do anything murderous, then you will die. See you in a few hours for questioning." The tone was horrible and Rock just wanted to just get out of here. He knew why he was serious but was just wanting to be believed. 

"I can't wait to get out of here," Rock thought solemnly. 

----------

It was all just darkness. Slowly opening her eyes, Amara looked around the room. It looked like a hospital room.

"Damn it, I hate the hospital," Amara cursed as she laid back down. She felt so tired and she didn't know why. She had three I.V's in both her arms so, she didn't move them. The young one saw her sword in the corner of the room. Thank God they recovered that.

"Where am I though? I wasn't here." When she thought that, a woman in a nurse uniform came into the room. Amara sighed happily, wanting answers immediately.

"Oh good. You're awake. Are you okay young one?"

"Where the Hell am I?!" Amara demanded to the poor woman. The nurse steeped a few feet back, scared. Seeing that, Amara calmed down.

"I'm sorry. I am just stressed," Amara apologized as she looked at the nurse with a calm expression.

"It is alright Miss..."

"My name is Amara," She responded, knowing that the nurse stopped speaking. The nurse nodded.

"It is okay. We had to put some I.V's in your veins because you were dehydrated when Cameron brought you here. You also had a harmful substance in you as well, so we had to give you some medicine to put it that way to get it out of you," The nurse informed the raven haired girl. That said girl nodded but wanted to know who this Cameron was.

"Who is this Cameron you speak of?"

"Well, Cameron is the son of the man who is the leader of this military base camp. He has been here for a while after his parents got divorced."

"That is sad," Amara replied.

"How old are you child?"

"Fourteen."

"Where are your parents? Why were you out in the desert alone?"

"Well my parents are dead and I wanted to give some information to police. Unfortunately, I lived in the middle of nowhere and had to walk with my friend Rock. Sadly, some robot poisoned us and I thought I was going to die along with my best friend."

"Well, that is sad and good at the same time. We did need more information on these robots. So your friend Rock, we found a robot who had brunette hair and blue eyes was that him?" Amara nodded furiously.

"Okay then. Don't worry, we didn't harm him. Cameron told us about that fight you were in 3 days ago." It was silent for a few minutes before Amara responded.

"3 days?!" Amara asked with shock. The nurse nodded.

"You got hit pretty hard, Amara. You need to rest for a little bit. Then, probably later when you are ready, we can question you okay?" Amara nodded.

"Where is my backpack by the way?"

"Don't worry, we recovered that as well. We are inspecting it okay?" Amara nodded starting to close your eyes.

"I'll see you later Amara okay? Have pleasant dreams okay?" The nurse left quietly while Amara was slowly closing her eyes. Wishing she could just stay awake. Unfortunately, that failed and she quickly fell asleep. 

--------

This was a longer chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it. Two chapters in two days was surprising to me.