Try Me

Your POV
It's been two days since Fionna and Flame Prince invited us to a double date with Gumball and I. It's only Thursday, but I want to practice walking without my crutches. My leg doesn't hurt as much so I thought today would be a good day. I limped my way out of my room and leaned against the wall. I was already tired and I just walked five steps. Gumball walked around the corner and rushed over to me panicking.

"Why don't you have your crutches? You're going to hurt yourself trying to do to much." He said lifting me up in his arms. I sighed and let my arms hang down from my body.

"Put me down, please." I said with no tone in my voice. He did and looked at me concerened.

"I don't want you doing to much."

"Bubbs, you worry too much. Especially about me. You need to learn to trust me." I said wrapping my hands around his neck.

"I know, it's just..." He trailed off looking down and placing his hands on my hips.

"Just what, babe?"

"Ever since you got taken by Ice Queen, I've been worried about you. I stay awake wondering, how long I have left until she comes back. She always does. I just want you to be safe. And if you push yourself too much..." He trailed off again.

He was right. If I pushed myself I would be weaker when she attacks again. And she always comes back.

"Hey Gumball." He looked up into my e/c eyes.

"Yes?" I barely gave him time to reply before I crashed our lips together. He kissed back immediately and pulled me closer to him. I pushed our face close together until I ran out of breath. I pulled back panting a little.

"Try me." He looked at me like I was crazy.

"What?"

"Try me." I repeated, "If I can prove to you I'm fine, then I don't have to walk on my crutches. If you win, then I'll walk on them for as long as I have to. Deal?" He raised an eyebrow and hesitantly accepted.

"Deal?"

"Was that a question or a statement?"

"Statement."

"Good." I smiled at him sweetly until I crashed our lips together once more.

He moved his hands closer to my butt and hoisted me up in his arms and pinning me to the wall. Keep in mind, we're both in the hallway. I licked his bottom lip for permission and he opened his mouth. Our tongues fought for dominance and he won. Well, I let him win. Next time I wasn't going to go so easy. His tongue explored my mouth and we pulled apart for air a thin trail saliva connecting our lips. That breath of air didn't last so long before he kissed me again. It was the best make out session until someone cleared their throat from behind us. We separated to see Pepper looking at us with a straight face. Damn cockblockers.

"Sir, if you wouldn't mind moving your intimate activities to a more private area. This is a busy hallway." She said walking around us. Gumball was so embarrassed it was hilarious. I wasn't. If anything I was proud I got to kiss him like that. He gently placed me down on the floor and I straightened my shirt down.

"O-of course Pepper. My apologies." He said looking down embarrassed. His face was still a scarlet color.

I laughed a little and took his hand. After Pepper had turned the corner he smirked while still looking down. I didn't even have time to react before he pinned me to the wall again. My cheeks flushed and he smirked even more.

"Did I prove myself?" I asked meeting his gaze.

"Yes, you win." He kissed me gently and whispered in my ear:

"Don't make me regret it."