Battle Scars Have Consequences

Your POV
So... Turns out my injuries were a lot more severe than Doctor Prince originally thought and I have to get sugery in my right upper thigh. He said that he's going to have to add extra muscle mass to my thigh. It was either surgery or getting my leg amputated. Once DP told told the guys they flipped out. I could hear their muffled voices on the other side of the door.

"What do you mean she has to get surgery?!?" Marshall shrieked at DP.

"She needs more muscle in her thigh and the only way it will heal properly is if she gets the surgery." He explained calmly. I'm sure people react to this kind of stuff a lot so he was probably used to it.

"Is she going to be okay? Like will she be able to tour soon?" Fionna asked frantically.

"Yes, well, maybe not soon. After this surgery she's still going to have to recover from the hypothermia and the surgery. Along with the other cuts and bruises."

"Can we see her?" A voice said that sounded like Gumball.

"Yes, of course. The surgery won't be immediate because of her illness. If I were to do the surgery now I would only have a few hours to perform it before it becomes a fatal risk." And with that the door opened and they all walked in.

Marshall floated over to me and stayed floating by my bed. Gumball sat back in the chair he did when he first saw me. Fionna and Cake kept talking with DP about the side effects of the surgery.

"Are you sure your okay with this, Y/N?" Marshall asked eyes full of concern. I sat up and tried not to wince in front of them.

"What other choice to I have? If I don't get the surgery then my leg won't heal and I'll have to get it amputated. And I don't want to hobble along on one leg", I said pulling the covers down for them to see my wound. Gumball turned away and Marshall made a noise of disgust,"Besides it's my choice and I've made my decision. I'm getting the surgery whether you like it or not." I may have been a little harsh but I was too in the moment to apologize.

Gumball sighed and said,"And we respect your decision. We just want the best for you and you know that. You don't know how little sleep Marshall and I got while we were waiting for you to wake up. We didn't even know if you were going to wake up." I sighed apologetically and looked down in frustration.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you, Marshall."

"It's okay." DP cleared his throat and we looked over at him.

"Well, I'm sorry to break up the touching moment, but Queen Y/N must rest for her surgery soon." I guess Fionna and Cake couldn't convince DP not to do it. Oh, well. They all said "goodbyes" and left. I layed back in my bed.

--------Time Skip to the Surgery------

It was time for the surgery. Doctor Prince had to put me in a wheelchair and roll me to the surgery room. We rolled down the hallway and finally entered a big room with two nurses. It was a little scary and I started to get nervous. The nurses calmed me down enough and helped me onto the table. It was time. DP had the gas mask in his hand.

"Are you ready, your majesty?" He asked. His voice came out all muffled because of the doctor's mask he was wearing.

"Yes." He placed the mask on my mouth and after a few breathes my vision started to blur and my eyes were starting to flutter shut. I closed my eyes for the final time.

I'm trusting you, Doctor Prince. Don't screw up.