"Only Human"

I can hold my breath
I can bite my toungue
I can stay awake for days,
If that's what you want
Be your number one

I can fake a smile
I can force a laugh
I can dance and play the part,
If that's what you ask
Give you all I am

I can do it (x3)

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head,
Knives in my heart
You build me up and
Then I fall apart

'Cause I'm only human

I can turn it on
Be a good machine
I can hold the weight of worlds
If that's what you need
Be your everything

I can do it (2x)
I'll get through it

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head
Knives in my heart
You build me up and
Then I fall apart

'Cause I'm only human

I'm only human (2x)
Just a little human

I can take so much
'Til I've had enough

'Cause I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head
Knives in my heart
You build me up and
Then I fall apart

'Cause I'm only human

Your POV
The song ended and everyone was in tears. Over the years they knew I was a human like Fionna, but I guess they never really thought about it. This song was sad. I kind of felt bad that I made them cry, though. Sure they've done it before, but those were tears of joy. These were tears of revelation.

"Great. Now I feel bad I made you guys cry." They laughed a little and I could see tissues being passed around. A selected few didn't cry, but they did have sad looks on their faces. "I did warn you, though. You've got to give me that. But in all seriousness, I don't want you all to worry about me. I'm healing up just fine. Thank you, I'm happy ya'll care." I waved goodbye and forced a smile. Gumball walked back up the stage and gave my crutches back. I walked backstage to be hugged by Fionna.

Gumball made a few announcements, but I didn't hear them. I was too busy thinking. About what? I don't know. Thoughts floated across my mind like fish swimming through an ocean. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Gumball came backstage. He walked up to me and smiled.

"Even though everyone cried I still enjoyed the song." He said softly.

"Thanks. Sorry about upsetting your fluffy people. And the rest of the kingdoms here. But I guess I should thank you as well." I said with a faint smile.

"Why?" He asked. I pulled him closer to me and kissed him on the lips.

I'm guessing, because my eyes were closed, that Fionna, Cake, and Marshall had shocked expressions on their faces. It was the first time they'd seen us kiss. We pulled apart and he wasn't out of breath. He brought more air today, I thought.

"Because you helped me when I was at my worst. You were my rock when I couldn't walk. You supported me through my surgery. So I want to thank you." I finished and we held each other in a strong but soft embrace. It was little awkward due to my damn crutches, but it worked. We were interrupted by an excited Cake.

"Ya'll are dating?!? You look so cute together!" She asked with a shocked and happy expression.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Fionna said jumping up and down slightly. Marshall smirked and floated up from the ground, laying on his stomach. He was hiding something. Suspicious.

"I wouldn't call it dating just yet. Gumball hasn't asked me out." I looked over to him and he scratched the back of his neck. He cleared his throat and said in a proper voice:

"Queen Y/N, ruler of music and all things harmonious, would do me the honor of going on a date with me?" He said offering his hand to me. I smiled and took it while still balancing on my crutches.

"Yes, Prince Gumball of the Candy Kingdom, I would love to." Fionna and Cake "awwed".

"As much as I would love to stay and help Gumball plan his date, I promised FP I would hang out with him." Fionna said turning to go with Cake.

"Have fun you two!" Cake called back. After those two left, PG escorted me to my room. He set my stuff down in a chair.

"So, how about tonight for that date?" He asked taking my crutches from me and setting them at the edge of my bed.

"Sure, how about seven thirty (7:30)?" I asked sitting on my bed.

"Sounds great. See you then." He closed the door quietly and let me rest. I looked up at the ceiling and smiled like an idiot. I couldn't believe it:

I'm going on my very first date tonight.