Progress And Pure Bliss

Your POV
It was a week after the surgery. I was about to walk for the first time since I got to the hospital. I sat at the edge of my bed with PG crouching down in front of me giving me a pep talk while Marshall, Fionna, and Cake stood by the door.

"Alright, DP said that you should try and walk today. Now, if you need the crutches-"

"Yes."

"Okay. Marshall get the crutches!" PG said signalling Marshall. He brought them over and placed them by bed.

"You can do this. You are strong." Gumball placed his hands palm-up on my legs, careful not to touch my stitches. "Are you ready?"

I took a deep breath in and looked over at Fionna. She gave me a thumbs up and a big smile. I looked back into Gumball's hopeful eyes. The same ones I stared into just a few weeks ago. I placed my hands on his and said "Yes."

I supported myself on his hands and he slowly lifted me up. I was a little wobbly and he noticed very soon. His eyes filled with worry and concern.

"You good?" My head started to spin and my knees began to buckle from stiffness. My surgery leg was still out of commission so I was basically balancing like a flamingo. "You're doing good. Can you try taking a step towards me?" I looked down embarrassed.

"I don't think I can. I can barely even keep my balance.[sigh] Ice Bitch really messed me up-" I was interrupted by Marshall's deep laugh. He was probably laughing at my remark at Ice Queen.

"Ice Bitch, eh? That's a first." I smiled slightly and still looked down. Gumball tilted my chin up and gave me a look of determination.

"Hey, listen, I know you can do it. I've seen you overachieve like a champ. You've conquered so many things in your career. You can't stop now, now that you've come so far. Look into my eyes and everything will be fine. Just look at me."

I looked at him. He was right. Everything was alright when I was looking into his eyes. Those eyes filled with life and trust. Full of hope and faith. Those eyes full of love. He smiled at me and I smiled back. Then I took a step.

"You did it. Now, do it again." I did and then I took another and another. He smiled proud and said,"You're doing so good. You think you can do it on your own?" I laughed at him.

"Yeah, with crutches, sure." He laughed too and handed me the crutches.

"Of course, wouldn't want to over work you." He said as he handed me the crutches. I took them and lifted my right leg up since it was the one disabled. I took a step on my crutches. It felt completely normal.

"I... I did it." I stared down at myself in disbelief.

"Yeah, you did. I told you, you could do it." He said smiling proudly. I let go of my crutches and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. I kind of threw him off guard but he giggled and hugged me back.

"Thank you for believing in me, PG. I couldn't have done it without your help." And with that I kissed him on the cheek. He blushed that same magenta color and smiled like an idiot.

"Y-you're welcome. Glad I could help." We pulled apart into a soft embrace. His hands were around my waist and my arms around his neck with my right leg still up. Fionna and Cake "awwed" and Marshall smirked.

We stood there looking into each other's eyes. I stared at his facial features. His cute, precise nose and his smooth, plump lips. I leaned in ever so slowly and he leaned in too. We were millimeters apart when DP decided it was a great idea to burst in. Doctor Prince looked at the both of us and our positions and made a questioning face. The face of a guilty cockblocker.

"Did I interrupt something?" He asked clutching the clipboard he was holding closer to his chest. Gumball immediately let go of me and blushed. Unfortunately, I quickly lost my balance and started falling. I fell hard on the floor and the dizziness in my head increased and pain shooted up my spine. I groaned in pain and looked up to find DP, Marshall, and PG all hovering over me.

"Oh my glob, I am so sorry Y/N! I completely forgot about your current state! I am so sorry!" He looked so shocked and hurt as if he just gave me a paper cut and poured lemon juice on it without knowing. Marshall picked me up bridal style and placed me on my bed.

"[Groan] Don't worry about it, I'm okay. Just a little sore now", I said wincing. DP sat down in a doctor stool and started writing stuff down on his clipboard.

"So before that little incident, I could see you standing is that correct?" He said looking up from his clipboard.

"Yes, I could walk on my crutches normally but on my feet I was a little wobbly and limping." He nodded and wrote vigorously. Gumball mouthed "I'm sorry" and I nodded my head and gave a thumbs up.

"Well, it seems to me that you're making great progress. I'm impressed, from the research I've done on humans, it usually took a few weeks to heal from a surgery this big." He smiled proud of me.

"What can I say? I've always been a quick healer." Doctor Prince left with my results along with Fionna and Cake. Fionna went to go see FP and Cake went to somewhere she wouldn't say (probably to Lord Monochromicorn's place). Marshall whispered something to Gumball and he blushed profusely and whacked Marshall on the shoulder. Marshall chuckled and floated out of the room to go home.

"I'm proud of you Y/N. You accomplished so much today. You walked for the first time in weeks. And again, I'm so sorry about earlier... Dropping you and all..." He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Hey, no need to apologize. It's over now and it was just a bit sudden that's all." I pulled his arm closer to me and he scooted closer to the bed. "Besides, I kind of want to finish where we left off." He blushed and leaned down to me. He took my hand and intertwinded our fingers.

"I would like that very much." I put my other hand on his cheek and he steadied his other hand on the rail of my bed. I slowly guided his face towards mine. We were millimeters apart again. It was really happening. I was about to kiss Prince Gumball, of the Candy Kingdom, on the lips.

Our faces slowly connected and our lips met in a soft and tender kiss. His mouth felt perfect against mine. I could tell he didn't want to go too fast so I didn't push him. We pulled apart and I smiled. He smiled out of breath. Was I really that persistent? I thought. As if he read my mind he said,

"Sorry, I just have never kissed someone and you seemed to really enjoy it. I didn't want to spoil it for you." He smiled out of breath.

"Well, come back later and bring some more air." I said as I pecked him on the mouth.

"O-okay, rest up, Queen Y/N." He said as he opened the door. He looked back and smiled. "And I'll be sure to bring more air." He closed the door quietly. I could still feel the tingle of his lips on mine.

If this is pure bliss, then sign me up!