Wildest Dreams - 43

Lea woke up because of the knocks she heard from the front door. It was 2 in the morning and it has been three days since she ended her relationship with Aga. Since then, she hasn't received calls or texts yet, but she did like it that way. The lesser the presence, the faster it would take her to moving on. She got up and slipped into her night robe as she trudged downstairs. It was raining hard and she wasn't sure whether to open the door or not, but she did anyway.

"Lei."

It was Aga. He was soaking wet and Lea could see that he was crying. Despite the wetness on Aga's face, she knew his eyes have gone crying. Lea wanted to run and grab a towel to dry him up. The urge to let him inside and take care of him like what he usually does to her was so high, but her feet kept her still and steady.

"Let's talk please." He spoke one more time with his voice so soft and gentle, as if persuading her for the last time.

Lea wanted to say no, but Aga's voice casted something on her. She felt like she needed to hear him. It was dawn and the moon was hiding, but they decided to sat by her porch. There was half a meter space between the two of them and the definite silence residing was so huge. If not because of the tapping of the raindrops on Lea's roof, the two could've been deaf due to the deafening stillness.

"Ags, if you're asking for forgiveness..." Lea started as she glanced at him softly. Trying so hard not to show weakness, she continued, "I can't. I still cannot do that yet."

Aga smiled looking straightly towards the dimmed pavement on Lea's gate. "I am not asking for that, Lei. I understand you." He looked at her before drawing a smile. "I do."

"So what are you doing at this very hour?" Lea questioned. "You know that I could be sleeping in which I did. I was sleeping and you woke me up."

"But you could have ignored my knocks, Carmen."

"I couldn't."

Aga laughed. "Because you love me."

Lea's brow arched before she punched his forearm. "Kapal."

Aga didn't answer, but he laughed. And it was followed by a deafening silence again. The rain poured even harder. Aga stood up.

"You're leaving? Stay..." Those words, words of vulnerability slipped out from Lea's, but she was quick to add some, before Aga could even pick it up. "Stay because it's raining hard. My conscience can't take it if you'll get sick."

Aga shook his head as he grabbed Lea's hands. Lea looked at him, confused with what he was doing. Aga clutched her hands, softly caressing it before he looked at her right in the eye.

"Dance. Let's dance."

"Dance?"

"Yeah. Let's dance under the rain."

Lea laughed at his idea. "Are you nuts, Aga?"

"Lei, the last time we were under the rain, we were fighting. This time, I want it to be beautiful..." Aga came closer as he reached for her hands one more time. "Dance with me like its the last night of the world."

Lea shook her head, laughing. But she did follow what he said. Hand in hand, they walked towards the center of Lea's frontyard. The rain was so hard that they could barely hear each other, but the smiles and the sparks in their eyes could be seen clearly. Aga pulled her closer, putting his hand on the small of her back. Lea closed her eyes as she felt his hand on her back. She slowly draped her arms around his neck.

"Ags, we're nuts. We'll get sick after this."

"I love you, Lea."

"I said, we'll get sick after this." She complained as they started swaying.

"And I said, I love you, Lea." Aga answered, twirling her.

Lea twirled one more time, before she faced him an inch apart.

"Why are you doing this?"

But instead of him answering, Aga closed their gap. Lea wanted to push him off, but the kiss felt so magical that she let herself be trapped with it.

----

"So what are you doing here?" Lea asked with her red swollen eyes, as she opened the door.

Charlene heaved a sigh. "Won't you ask me to come in and offer me a drink?" She added with a smile.

"I didn't expect visitors for today, Cha so if you may do so, leave."

Charlene bit her lips as she held Lea's hands. "Please let's talk."

The atmosphere was in for an immense silence. Lea sat acrossed Charlene as they both stared at each other, not knowing what to say first. Charlene could see that Lea had been crying. The fact that the break-up of her and Aga plastered on tabloids, and her being the reason was a huge amiss.

"Aren't you going to say something, Cha? I really don't feel like entertaining a visitor right now. I want to sleep."

"Lei, about Aga."

"And what about him?"

"He's dead."

_____

Goodness. It's been such a long time, guys. I am sorry for the hiatus. Classes started and there's been a bunch of academic requirements that I needed to do. But rest assured, I'll be monitoring this from now on. Sending loves 💕