Wildest Dreams - 37

"Golden sunlit sky and sandy toes. A glass of vodka on hand and a camera on yours. Foreign place, secret year." Lea mumbled, eyes on the notes of her phone.

"Ano 'yan setting?"

She arched her brow at him, sending him death glares. "Just listen and let me finish this." She roared.

She then adjusted her eyeglasses that were already slipping on the bridge of her nose. She leaned her back comfortably at her bed's headboard. Aga smiled as he settled himself in front of her, putting his face on her lap.

"I wasn't fond in moving one place from another in just a snap- but we did that. From trudging and admiring the aesthetic pleasure of the gallery we visited on a countryside, to dancing on bikinis with the fire dancers by the beachside and I could tell that it was your stamping ground and lastly, to that place where the full view of the city could be seen and fireflies dancing through the nightglow. Us, clamped down on the hood of your car, vodka on my hand and a camera on yours. You had a great sentiment over photography and I could not help myself but to smile at the heartening view of you, capturing what you wanted to and for me, you were the ikon of photography because you always found beauty in almost everything. Every millisecond that passed was a mystical moxie and it was almost ethereal and I would really love to be back in that alluring boondocks, trapped in time with you." Lea stopped reading as she caught him smiling like an idiot. "What? Are you even listening?" She asked, irritatably.

"Go on. I just find you so pretty with your eyeglasses."

She rolled her eyes, trying to hide her kilig. She gulped a lump on her throat because she picked where she left. "You were always invariably up for almost anything: from sketching on the tissue you pulled out from our favorite fastfood chain, indulging yourself on the amusing videotape for hours, making DIYs on an afternoon rush, and making cold treats amidst the sweet tranquility of midnight. You were always on the go for almost everything, except for the mellow forenoon whispers and cuddles for you really loved deep slumbers. To me, you were like wild beatiful flowers sprouting almost everywhere - you were unreadable and a by nature reticent man and that's the thing that I adore. You were a silent unstoppable. Over the scorching summer days and wintry nights, I never took heartbreaks as painful as it would be because basically, I never got to experience one, but not until you told me that one day, we would be lost- I, on the other side of the earth and you, on the other side too. I never wanted it, never wished, but it did happen."

Aga sat in front of her. "We would be lost, babes. We would be lost in our own paradise together. I promise you, we will never be apart."

She took his hand and carressed it. "I don't know. We never know what tomorrow brings, but I hope in the end, we will always find each other." She then pinched his nose and that made him wince. "Now, let me continue and listen. - On a sublime morrow, with the year forgotten, I saw you - still with a polariod on hand. Under the clear golden sunlit sky of France, hearts beating loudly on the bottom of the Eiffel tower, we met again after so many years. Your pitch black hair turning to a golden brown after being hit by the rays of the lustrous sun and your brown hazelnut eyes made me want to cry out of joy. You were still wearing your darling smile with that formal clothing draping over you. For me, on that exact moment, you were the perfect resemblance of angels: beautiful, strong-willed and calming. Not saying anything, you pulled me in a melting hug - the vanilla and the rose petals from your favorite perfume line intoxicated my nostrils and it was heaven. From Philippines, to the sunsets of Hawaii, to the countryside of England and lastly, in Paris. You were really a traveller while I, just a slob with a flair for literary who seemed to be always lost but with you, I would always be found - 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒚, 𝒅𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒌 𝒈𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒚, 𝒘𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆."

"I didn't know you write pretty well. Lang Leav, is that you?" Aga commented.

Lea then put her phone down before she got up from the bed. She opened the glass door that would take her to the balcony of her room. The sun was setting and the sky was painted with vermillion haze.

"I'm planning to self-pub a book - a poetry collection." She blurted out, putting her hands on the rail of her balcony, exhaling the freshness of the wind. She then looked back at him, "what do you think?"

Aga rose up from sitting on the bed, smiling towards her with a great smile on his face. The moment he stepped out, he spooned her into his tight embrace.

"It will be best. You are a great writer and I believe in you." He whispered, before burrying his face on her nape.

Lea held his arms that was draped around her. It felt great - she felt great to be stuck inside his embrace. She could hear the beating of his heart and could feel the faint air coming out from him. Aga made her feel safe - it had always been that way ever since she met him. The feeling of his touch, the warmth, the tranquility and all the bests in this world, she could feel and have it with Aga. She then slowly faced him and made their heads touched.

"I'm beyond blessed to have you." She spoke, smiling at him with her eyes closed.

Aga held her cheek, gently carressing it with his thumb. "You and your sweet tongue, Salonga. You know how to make me feel gay, always. I don't know how and why --- I mean, I didn't do much good things but He has given me my greatest treasure and that's you. I'm blessed to have you too, babes."

Lea didn't say a word, but instead she hugged him tightly. Indeed, the greatest feeling in the universe was to love and be loved in return.

"Babes?"

Lea let go of the hug and looked at him. "Hmmm?"

"I want to write a story too."

Her eyes went wide. "Really? Come on, you gotta be kidding me!"

"I want to write a story with you and I as the characters, a sweet one and a story that would have no end. You and me. No antagonist and no boundaries. Let's get married, babes."

____

And yes, I personally wrote Lea's piece 😂 please do read A Shout to the Void here at wattpad, written by yours truly. If you are a fan of relatable proses and poems, then the book and you are perfect. 💖