Wildest Dreams - 14

Two weeks later

Lea had adjusted well to the city that became her home few years back - she's back to her night life with friends from the musicals she participated before. And truth to say, she wasn't the mess that she was in the Philippines. She changed her number and opted to deactivate all of her social media accounts - making sure that Aga wouldn't be able to reach her. Fragile as a glass, she might give in to Aga's few more messages. So the day Aga asked her where she was, she decided to change her number.

It was 11 in the evening and she's at one of the famour bars of the city, but that time, she was alone. The bar was crowded - there were people getting in and out. Neon lights on the center stage, some people on the other side, stealing kisses and whispers to each other.

She hated to be in a bar when was young, but regretted it now. Bars was needed by her especially, she's broken. Bars were usually filled with different people, but there was one thing that she was sure of - most of them were broken too and were trying to forget with the help of alcohol.

She sat at the table near the bartender and ordered herself a cranberry martini. She watched the people dancing to the beat of Kenny Rogers' medley, sang by a band on the stage. She was almost done with her glass when the vocalist caught everyone's attention.

"I can't believe this. An international star is here." The girl on a denim jacket started, making everybody looked around the place, searching for that star.

Lea bit her lip. She wanted to reserve herself from autographs and photos because first and foremost, she doesn't want those to be leaked all over the internet.

"The Broadway Diva is here, Ms. Lea Salonga!" The girl added, pointing to where Lea was sitting.

Lea was left with no choice, but to equal the cheers and claps given to her by the people. She stood up from her seat and waved at them - some took their phones and started asking photos and autographs. She was caught.

"It would be nice to have the Broadway Diva here at the stage. Let's ask for her to sing!"

She shook her head, laughing at the same time. Trying to tell people that she was not in the mood to sing - she was there to drink and forget things, not to entertain people. But the cheers got loud, seemed to be endless so she took her steps toward the stage.

The crowd fell silent as the dacing neon lights turned off. A gold touch of light turned on her on the center. Lea smiled , adjusting the mic.

"Good evening, everyone. I actually don't know what to sing, but this song came to my mind the moment I stepped on this stage." She looked at the band on the side of the stage. "All Too Well by Taylor Swift." She spoke, asking them to play it.

The first few chords danced on their ears, she closed her eyes, trying to relive past moment so that she could sing the song well.

I walked through the door with you, the air was cold
But something 'bout it felt like home somehow and I
Left my scarf there at your sister's house
And you still got it in your drawer even now

She closed her eyes, singing the first stanza with so much emotion. Claps were given by people, obviously in awe of her voice.

Oh, your sweet disposition and my wide-eyed gaze
We're singing in the car, getting lost upstate
Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place
And I can picture it after all these days

Memories of him and Aga flashed as she went on with the second stanza. Them, singing and goofing around the car. That was years ago, but the sound of Aga's laughter and the warmth of his hand were still vividly clear to her.

And I know it's long gone and
That magic's not here no more
And I might be okay
But I'm not fine at all
Oh, oh, oh

'Cause there we are again on that little town street
You almost ran the red 'cause you were looking over me
Wind in my hair, I was there, I remember it all too well

She was okay, but definitely not fine. But unlike the lyrics, Aga never ran the red light for her. She was never searched by him, or maybe he did, but he did it silently.

She scanned the audience who were listening at her with their fullest attention. Some were taking videos and she sure did see some, crying. All Too Well was indeed made for broken people. The lyrics were just so relatable.

Maybe we got lost in translation, maybe I asked for too much
But maybe this thing was a masterpiece 'til you tore it all up
Running scared, I was there, I remember it all too well

S

he felt a pang on her chest. Maybe, she and Aga lost in translation. 

Hey, you call me up again just to break me like a promise
So casually cruel in the name of being honest
I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here
'Cause I remember it all, all, all too well

Time won't fly, it's like I'm paralyzed by it
I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it
After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own
Now you mail back my things and I walk home alone

She was nearly at the end of the song when she spot the man she silently dedicated this song with. She almost stopped singing, but was fortunate to still continue. But her eyes were glued to the spot where he was standing, eyes looking at her.

"Aga." She silently spoke.

_________

All Too Well is my favorite song and I suggest you to listen to it, guys. ❣