Wildest Dreams - 40

Lea felt a gentle trace on her face. She squinted her eyes before fluttering those to open. She fell asleep on the sofa, with the bottle of John Barleycorn, used tissues and empty shotglasses on the center table. She slowly sat up, holding the side of her head as it started to ache. She was about to clean the mess when her eyes saw someone she least expected to see.

"Babes..." Aga got up from the other side of the sofa and was about to hold her when she stopped him from doing so.

"Don't go near me." She paused and looked at her phone to check the time. It's quarter to six already and she has only gotten a few hours of sleep. "How did you get here? And who let you come in here? How did you know I'm here?" She calmly asked.

"I tracked you using your phone. Your gps is on and I'm thankful it is because if it's not, I won't be able to know where you are. And when I got here, the door was open and I saw you, sleeping on the sofa."

Lea rolled her eyes at him. "Well, I wish to not see you. You can go back to hell." She spoke as she started to pick up the mess on the centr table.

She then walked to the kitchen and put everything in there. Aga walked behind her, trying to ask for a talk, but she wasn't cooperating. She was about to make her way to the comfort room to take a bath and glam herself up, but he blocked her way.

"Mag-usap tayo." He firmly stated, holding her arms.

She smirked and swatted him away. "We don't have anything to talk about anymore, Aga. We are done." She answered and attempted to go pass him, but Aga was quick to hold her hand.

"Why won't you hear my explaination first before calling us an end? God, don't be too shallow."

She laughed and moved away from him. "Wow. I didn't know you are so good at twisting situations. Why are you making me feel as if I am the one who did wrong and fucked up? It was you, not me!" She pointed a finger in him, face all red, an indication that she's in rage. "And do not tell me that I am shallow because you do not know how much it hurts seeing your fiancé kissing his ex-wife!"

"But you got it all wrong!" Aga roared back as he ran his fingers through his hair.

Lea looked at him, eyes full of tears but she was controlling herself not to let those fall. "What part of it did I get it wrong, Aga? Or maybe, you're saying that I got it all wrong because you got caught." She paused and tried to act strong and unaffected, but her tears betrayed her facade.

She leaned on the nearest wall and cried, while Aga stood meters away, with his head down. No one dared to talk. Lea cried silently, not minding Aga's presence on the room.

"I thought you're far from the men I dated back then, Aga. You are just the same from them; you are a liar. I knew you my whole life, admired and looked up to the boy you were until the man you became - but you made me realize that my opinion about you was totally wrong even then. You're far from the prince charming that I thought you were. You are just a filthy man who fucks every woman who comes your way."

Aga looked at her and listened to every word that came out of her. He bit his lower lip, supressing herself from stopping her, because truth to say, the words of Lea stabbed him deeply.

Lea wiped her tears. "I saw you and Charlene kissing, Aga." She spoke softly, trying to not be choked by her words. She then looked at him with her lethargic eyes. "And that hurts so much." She then sat slowly on the floor for she couldn't bare the weight she was carrying in her heart, she felt weak and she felt like every single thing was too much. "You proposed to me a week ago but why? Was that a joke to you? Did you just lie when you told me that you love me too? Because if you really do, you would not cheat on me, Aga." She cried, questioning him.

He sighed, closing his eyes as he breathed deeply. "I didn't cheat on you and I won't cheat on you."

"But you kissed her! I saw you two kissing!"

"You got it all wrong. Babes, please listen and let's talk without screaming." Aga spoke as he knelt in front of her.

Lea shook her head. "I knew everything, Aga. And I don't know if I could believe you and trust in you again."

Aga's tears fell. "Babes, please just give me five minutes and I'll explain to you everything..."

"No. We're done." Lea replied as she stood up, wriggling herself away from his touch. "Just please go out because I need to prepare and I have a flight at 10." She wiped her tears after pushing him away.

"No. We're not done. You can't do this." Aga uttered, voice cracking. Lea was about to go when he hugged her from behind. Burrying his face on the back of her neck, he sobbed. "I love you so much. Please don't do this. Babes, please. We have fought many things together and we have been wanting for this relationship, please don't do this."

Lea closed her eyes as tears gushed out again. She loved him so much, but he made her question all of it. She bit her lip, trying to not make a sound as she listened to Aga's plea.

"Babes, let's settle this first. Please don't end our relationship. I love you. I love you very much and I cannot go on without you. I'll man up and will make everything right. Itatama ko lahat, babes, please."

Lea shook her head once more before she freed herself from Aga's embrace. Without looking at him, she said. "You want to make everything right? Then leave. Leave me be, Aga."

_____