Wildest Dreams - 38

"I want to write a story with you and I as the characters, a sweet one and a story that would have no end. You and me. No antagonist and no boundaries. Let's get married, babes."

Lea looked at him, eyes wide. "You're kidding. No - this is not..." she shook her head seeing Aga kneeling in front of her, her hand on his. "This is not a good joke, babes."

Aga laughed at her reaction. He then offered her his sincerest smile. Aga fished out a ringbox from his pocket, opened it and there revealed a diamond ring.

"Babes..." Her tears fell, looking at him.

"Babes, I may not be the most perfect best friend. I hurt you a lot of times. I wasn't present in all those times when you badly needed me." He paused, as tears fell from him. "Babes, I am not ready for my speech but believe, I am ready to marry you --- to have you as my wife and to be with you forever. I can't promise you a perfect life, but I can assure you that you are safe with me. You will be loved forever. Babes, will you be my wife?"

Lea nodded, smiling widely with her own tears flooding her face. Aga stood up right away and hugged her as if it would be their last. She laughed when he lifted her and twirled her.

"Are you sure?" He asked, putting her down.

Lea smiled and mouthed a yes to him. She then looked at him lovingly as he slipped the diamond ring on her finger. He placed a kiss upon finishing it. Lea wiped his tears using her thumb, smiling sweetly at him at the same time.

"I have never been so sure with all of my decisions in life - but with you, I am more than sure, babes." She whispered, tracing his eye down to the bridge of his nose and down to the side of his lips. "I want to be with you forever, babes."

He locked her in hus embrace, placing her head on his chest. "This time, you are not the one that got away anymore."

"I thought it would be us in the after life?"

"A woman like you doesn't need to wait and I can't let you slip away anymore."

And with that, their lips met.

-----

She looked at him while he was packing his things. Closing his baggage, he glanced at her who was sitting at the foot of his bed.

"Is it really important? More important than me?"

Aga's lips drew a line. He heaved a sigh and motioned her to come over which she gladly did. He opened his arms and there she threw herself in.

"Babes, we have talked about this, right?" He started, caressing her hair. She didn't say a word. "And no, you are the most important for me and no one could change that. This is just work. I have to be at Cebu for the mallshow and this is only for us naman, for our future." He added and cupped Lea's face for her to look at him. "You are important, but I have to work."

"I know." She shortly replied and went back sitting on his bed. "It's just that, I just came here at your house last night and when I woke up - here you are, telling me you need to fly to Cebu for a week. You proposed to me and now, I'm going to be left for a week here."

Aga closed his baggage. "You know you can always come with me if you want to, babes."

"But they don't know anything about us yet."

Aga sighed and sat beside her. He then held her hands.

"Babes, I told you their opinions would not matter. They can not dictate us what to do with our lives so whatever they will say about us, it will not harm us physically. I told you, there is nothing wrong if we will out our relationship kasi wala naman tayong tinatapakan na tao. We are happy, so why not tell everyone about it?"

Lea looked at him. "I just don't want us to be the hot topic. People would scrutinize us, our relationship. Yes, there will be people who will support us, but we can't erase the fact that there will be haters too." She bit her lip and paused. "We've always been public personalities all our lives, so please let us spare our relationship. Let's keep this private."

He smiled at her though deep down, he wanted to scream to the world that he's the love of her life and vice versa. "I understand babes. So don't be sad. This is your decision to just stay here. Don't worry, after a week, I will be back and we will tell your mom about the private wedding that we will be doing this month. For now, show me a smile so that I can go on and won't feel awful."

Lea twitched her lips for a moment before she gave him her smile. He then placed a kiss on her head before walking towards the mirror to fix his polo.

"Let me." Lea spoke as she came in front of Aga. She then fixed his polo and put his collar at its best.

Aga held her waist while watching her do the work. Indeed, he couldn't wait to marry the woman standing in front of him; with Lea, he could see his future with her.

"I can't wait to marry you and call you Mrs. Muhlach, babes."

Lea fixed his loose hair and put it back to the side of his head. "And I can't wait to be yours, legally and for eternity." She said.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay here, babes?" Aga asked as he put his baggage inside his car.

He closed it and looked at his future wife who was leaning on his gate, arms crossed.

"You're going to be okay here?" He asked again.

Lea smiled before nodding. Aga walked back to her and held her hands.

"Just one week babes and I'll be back. Pinky promise." He spoke and touched her chin, making their eyes met. "Now, show me that smile."

Instead of smiling, she tiptoed to kiss him.

"I believe a kiss is better than a smile. Safe travel, babes."

____