Wildest Dreams - 2

Lea was the one that got away. And she never knew.

She never knew how much she saved me. It was 1992, and I was at the very bottom of the industry. Walang-wala ako noon. Wala akong pera. Wala akong career. But with 'Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal', I made my comeback. It was the right movie, with the right girl at the right time.

Lea drunk the remaining martini on her glass before pouring another one. She was on her couch, re-reading Aga's love letter to her. She was the right girl for Aga at the time, but why? Why didn't he take the chance to speak and let her know about it?

She never knew how much she taught me. She is the ultimate professional, aka, she is always on time! Kapag 8:00 am, 8:00 am. Walang 8:05 o 8:15. Kaya pati ako napilitang maging maaga. And I never hear the end of it, as I will always be 'the late' Aga Muhlach.

A bittersweet smile came out from Lea. She wiped the tears that were falling from her, taking a sip from her glass. The memories of her, scolding Aga on the set of BLKM would always make her insides crazy. Her hands on her hips. Aga's scratching his head.  The rolling of her eyes and Aga's making-ups would always make her beautifully crazy. Those were the days of how they started. Good ol' days.

She never knew how much I loved her. It was a lifetime ago. I was a young man on fire with passion, as all young men of a certain age are. I wooed fair ladies amd dreamed of shaping the world. And to me, Lea was Sandy - ethereal, aloof, unattainable and my very heart's desire. Lea was Agnes - vulnerable yet remote, kind yet callous, constantly engaged in a battle of wills. And I loved Sandy, Agnes and Lea in equal measure.

Another set of tears came gushing down from her red, puffy eyes. She could still recall the old version of Aga who was very persistent in making her feel like a queen - bouquet of peonies on her tent, cup of coffee every morning, him, intruding inside her tent when she's resting and all those late night calls. At that time, she knew what was Aga doing, but she kept mum. She was coward for not letting him know, wasn't she? After all, they were both cowards for not speaking up.

Lea is the one that got away. And she never knew. So now she knows. We are older and wiser now, we have gone our own ways, we are no longer the same, but the fire hasn't ebbed. Rather, it has grown deeper, quieter and more enduring. I love her still, but because she got away, I have her as a friend now and so I will always have her.  Anytime she needs me, andyan ako. Anytime, I need here, she's there.

She drunk again, emptying her glass of liquor before grabbing her phone and calling someone. It took a few rings, before it was answered.

"Aga, I need you."

______

My heart would still break reading the love letter. Anyways, if you want to read the whole love letter that Aga gave Lea, just message me. 🥂