Chapter 55

Zoe Pov
I couldn't go to sleep I had to stay by Alfie's side. I can't leave him alone. So I got up and went to Alfie's side and I held his hand.

He looked so pale and weak. Alfie was on life support. Which terrified me what if he died I don't know what I would do without Alfie. He is the one I want to grow old with and he is lying in a hospital bed and he might not even survive. I held his hand. I whispered you can get through this Alfie I know you can. There was obviously no response Alfie just laid there and he seemed to get weaker by the minute.

If I didn't leave Alfie years ago he wouldn't be here today. If I didn't have an affair with him he wouldn't be here. If I just stayed in America and didn't move back to England when I got married none of this would happen. I always knew Evan was capable of doing this but I didn't think he would ever do it. He has always threatened to kill me and he never did it. It should be me laying there not Alfie.

I couldn't help thinking of my life without Alfie. Would I have to be with Evan would he have to be the father of my baby. Would he still abuse me I just felt crying every time I thought of my life without Alfie.

It was a long night and I sat by Alfie's side I think I got a hour of sleep I was so tired Alfie hasn't changed much. The doctor soon came in. Hello Zoe. The doctor said. Hello doctor Burke. I said. No change in Alfie I see. Doctor Burke said concerned. I shake my head.

Now Zoe as Alfie is on life support and in a few days you will need to make a choice to take him off of life support or not. But he could wake up today we don't know we just need to be prepared. Doctor Burke said in a calm voice. No I I'm not taking him off the life support. I say.

If Alfie doesn't wake up you will have too. Sometimes taking them off the life support helps them wake up. Doctor Burke said. I shake my head no I'm not losing Alfie he means to much to me I couldn't bare without him. I shout. Ok Zoe calm down lets see what happens before we decide. Doctor Burke said. I nod and he leaves. I don't care I'm not taking him off Thai life support.

Evan Pov
I woke with the worst headache. I groan and I walk downstairs and I hear crying. Ughhhh. I shout. I open the basement door and run downstairs. Shut the fuck up. I scream. I'm sorry daddy I'm sorry. Holly said panicking. Leave holly alone. Milo shouts. Don't you answer back to me. I say grabbing Milos tshirt. Milo nods. I let go and shout if I hear another word from you both you know what happens. I shout. They both nod and I go back upstairs.

Thank you for reading this was written by pointless_sugg12 comment what you thought and give it a like if you enjoyed it