Chapter Sixteen │ Notes

  The weekend passed by pretty quick. Amber left Saturday night and Ryder texted me a good morning as usual. He also texted me goodnight now and since he did this everyday, we usually talked everyday. Sometimes it was no more than a couple minutes, like our phone call on Friday night, and sometimes it was a lot longer.

But the most exciting thing that happened was on Saturday.

. . . because I went on a date with Sean.

He had called me on Saturday, asking me if I was ready to make it up to him. I, of course, said yes. He then asked me if I was bringing any plus ones, which is when I told him that Ryder wasn't here. He seemed happy about that.

We went to play paintball, which I was insanely excited about. Although I hadn't played before, it definitely wasn't Sean's first time. While I appreciated the fact that he didn't go easy on me, I didn't appreciate coming home with several bruises. Yet this wasn't much of a surprise, seeing as I was warned that the paintballs hurt and I bruise pretty easily.

Sean, along with the other players, had shot me on my arms, my stomach, my back, and my chest. Several times. The bruises were still sore and very much visible, but most of them were hidden under my clothes. Despite all this, I did have a lot of fun. Plus, I managed to get a few shots on them as well.

After we were finished playing, he took me to an early dinner, where I proceeded to devour my food like a wild animal right in front of him. He didn't seem to mind, but he'd be smart not to say anything if he did. This 'relationship' of ours would have been over. We talked and laughed and I had a great time. Going on a date with him was just as nice as I thought it would be.

Over the next few days, Sean also ended up joining my table at lunch. I think he was too intimidated by Ryder to do it before, but now that he was gone, there was nothing to be afraid of. Although I was happy to have him there, it became awkward when Ryder's daily cupcake came. I think seeing this intimidated him even more. I refused to let him read the notes, seeing as some of them were just too. . . flirty? I don't even know what to call them anymore, but I knew it wasn't appropriate to allow while I was seeing someone.

These were some of the notes that Ryder sent along with the cupcakes.

To my Cupcake,

        Because you're both delicious.

                   Love, your sugar daddy.

I almost laughed at this one. It was clearly hinting at our phone conversation on Friday. Where he said I would be the cutest, most delicious thing he'd ever taste.

To my Cupcake,

         Because I'll never be able to see one without thinking about you.

                     Love, your sugar daddy.

That one was just sweet.

Then there was one day that he sent me a cupcake without frosting. I was obviously very confused. . . but then I read the message.

To my Cupcake,

           Because I want to see you naked.

                      Love, your sugar daddy.

I have to admit that I laughed at that one.

I had called him that day, teasing him about being a romantic. His response was that he wasn't trying to be. That he was just trying to make me happy. Well it worked. Because of him, I managed to get through school, school of all things, with a smile on my face.

Which was practically a Christmas miracle.

The cute notes did make me miss him though. I wasn't dying without him or anything, but I occasionally found myself wondering what he was up to.

Which always brings me back to the reason he was gone in the first place. He said it was a family emergency, but every time I ask him if everything's okay he brushes the question off. I didn't think he was lying, but I had a feeling that he was withholding something from me.

It honestly didn't bother me, but instead made me curious. He was being so secretive about it, but if he left the country to go there for a week then it must be important. I wanted to ask him more about it. . .

. . . but I need to mind my own business.

The plus side of him being gone was that I got to hang out more with Amber and Link. Not that I was neglecting them in the first place, but it's always great to hang out more with your best friends. I don't really feel like a third wheel either. We were all friends way before the two of them started dating, so while they may occasionally be affectionate around me, we knew each other too well for any of us to feel left out.

So over the next two days we went to the movies, ate ice cream, and even went on a double date with the three of us and Sean. Then the day finally came.

Ryder was coming home.

❀      ✿      ❀

I was going to make it longer than this, but I can't help it. Sometimes I try writing longer, but then end up finding the perfect place to end it. Plus, I have to keep you guys on your toes so you keep coming back for more. ;)

Just in case you were wondering, my schedule is the same as always. I will update (hopefully) every weekend, mostly either a Friday or a Saturday.

Also, you guys are so funny. I read all the comments from you guys and I love them! If you're still reading this, comment: damn that kiss was hot! It'll confuse everybody who skips my author's note. I can't reply to all of your comments, but I try.

Thank you for reading!