Chapter Nine │ Date Crasher

Chapter Nine • Date Crasher

"Hey, beautiful," he smiles, but it's everything it's not supposed to be, tense, tight, and forced, "funny running into you here."

Yeah, real funny.

As if he was invited, he slides into my side of the booth until his body is flush against my side, forcing me to choose between scooting over or being firmly pressed against him. I scoot over.

Sean sends me a nervous look. "Ryder, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, nothing," he shrugs, "I was just in the neighborhood."

"Well, leave."

As I say that, he turns to glance at my still shivering form and immediately pulls me against his side again, glaring at Sean. "She's cold," he growls, taking off his jacket and wrapping it around my shoulders. I try to protest, but then see the look on his face and decide against it. He takes my hands between his and starts rubbing them, trying to keep them warm.

I pull my hands away and he frowns.

"That's it," Ryder gets up,"I'm taking you inside."

"I already tried, all the tables are taken," Sean mumbles.

He grumbles back before reluctantly moving from my side. "Put your hands in the pockets of my jacket, I'll be right back."

He gets up and leaves, leaving Sean and I in silence.

"I'm so sorry, Sean. I don't even know what he's doing here."

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault." We're silent again for a few moments before he murmurs, "I guess I'm not the only one who has a thing for you."

I shake my head ."Let's just leav─" Before I can even finish what I'm saying, Ryder's there holding my hand again.

"Come on, Angel. I got us seats inside," he says, looking at me like Sean isn't standing right there.

Us? I think to myself, but nod and stand up anyways. As I come to a stand, his eyes slowly flick over me before he wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me against him. Again. Every part of my body touches his and I feel tingles spread throughout me, warming me up. He shivers, resting his forehead against mine. "I couldn't get a good look at you when you were sitting down, but God, you look gorgeous."

I gulp and pull away. "Ryder, I'm on a date."

He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. "I know." The look of pain on his face makes my heart ache. I ignore it.

The waiter comes and ushers us to sit at our new table, and as Sean sits down, I give him an apologetic look and grab Ryder's arm, pulling us off to the side so we could talk privately.

"Why are you here, Ryder? You knew this was a date."

"God Angel, I know. I'm sorry," he exhales,"but, please, please, don't ask me to go. I can't leave you alone with him."

"What do you mean you can't leave me alone with him?" He doesn't answer. I roll my eyes, "And we're not even alone. This place is full of people."

"I can't explain anything to you yet, love, but I will. I promise." I feel myself starting to give in. He's looking down at me pleadingly and I know that if I tell him to leave he will. But he's literally begging me to let him stay, so I do. "Fine. Stay. But tonight is about me and Sean, so no talking and no funny business. You got me?"

An amused smile pulls at the corners of his lips, "I got you babe, " he murmurs.

❀ ✿ ❀

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! (4 days too late. :P)

So, I was going to make this a long chapter, I already had some of the rest of the chapter written out too, but I decided that I kept you guys waiting long enough, so here you go!

I love you guys by the way. I have over 15k views. . .like what!? And the amount of votes I've been getting makes me so grateful to have you all. ♥

On another note: Who do you think is a better fit for Ryder?

Ian Somerhalder?

or

Francisco Lachowski?

I'm also accepting any suggestions of anyone else you think should play him, so just let me know!

Dedicated to:

@Camrynmc for her sweet comments.

@bad_vibess for making me laugh with her comments.

@Malaika_Shahzad13 for so kindly commenting on my profile. I'm glad you feel that way about my book.♥

@Tayabefab_tho for following.

and

@HerLovelyStateOfMind for following.

I just want to thank anyone who does even one of these things, though. I sadly can't dedicate to everyone, so it's pretty random.

Thank you!