Chapter Fourteen │ News

Before Ryder can get too far, I stop him by jumping on top of his back. He jumps in surprise, but his arms immediately grab me under my butt so I won't fall. I place a gentle kiss on his neck and smile when he shivers.

"Angel?"

"I'm sorry," I mumble, "I feel like we apologize to each other a lot, but I laughed because I'm still going out with Sean, and even though we're not officially dating, I still consider it cheating to kiss someone else." His arms tighten around me at the mention of Sean's name and I can't tell if he's still angry or not. "It's not because I didn't want to kiss you, although I probably shouldn't tell you that before you get any ideas."

He chuckles. "You're forgiven, Angel, but damn are you turning me weak. I can't get enough of you, yet you have the power to destroy me."

"I won't."

•          •           •

We stopped to get Taco Bell before Ryder finally drove me home. I thanked him for the food and the laser tag, but just as I left he turned off the car and followed me out.

"I have to tell you something." As if those words weren't scary enough, the pained look in his eyes was enough to give me a heart attack.

"What?"

"Well, um, I'm leaving tonight. For a week."

"Why are you only telling me this now?" He's not obligated to tell me anything, but as someone I've come to know as my friend, it kind of hurts that he didn't think to tell me until now.

"Well I just found out today, when we were playing laser tag." I wonder how that's possible, seeing as I never saw him check his phone.

"Well, okay. Where are you going, if you don't mind me asking?"

He frowns. "Of course I don't. I'm just going to Greece for a family emergency." His family lives in Greece? No wonder he's such an Adonis.

I felt a wave of sadness crash into me, which was a bit odd. Although I considered Ryder my friend, a response of this strength isn't normal for somebody you've recently met. "I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your family is okay."

He didn't say anything and instead pulled me in for a hug. When we pulled away Ryder put his hands on my cheeks to get my full attention.

"Be careful, be safe, and don't go out at night by yourself, okay?" I could see the worry in his eyes, which made me smile at his overprotectiveness.

"Yes, dad." I rolled my eyes. He basically just said the same thing three times with different words.

"Emma, I'm serious. If I come back and find out that anything's happened to you, you're gonna get spanked and whoever hurt you is going to be dead."

He uses one of his hands to push my cheeks forward until my lips puckered out, then he plants a quick kiss on me.

"Ryder!"

He chuckles. "Give me a break, alright? I've been wanting to do that again for a long time."

He pulls me in for another hug and buries his face in my neck, breathing me in. We stay like this for a couple minutes before he reluctantly takes a step back.

"See you in a week, baby," he murmurs then sighs, already looking like he's miserable, "I'm gonna miss you."

I laugh and realize that I'm probably going to miss him too. "I'll miss you too, baby," I mock.

He narrows his eyes at me. "That's it, Angel, you're coming with me." He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder, pretending to put me in his car.

"Ryder! Put me down, you caveman!"

"Okay, okay, fine," he sets me down gently, "but hurry up and get that cute ass inside before I really do kidnap you and take you with me."

I don't linger anymore. I speed walk up the stairs to my front door and wave at him before going inside, because to be honest, I wouldn't put kidnapping me past him.

And also because it's not called kidnap when the person you're taking wants to go.

❀       ✿       ❀

Hey guys, I'm back!  

Below is how Ryder kissed Emma, except her lips were more puckered and it was just a peck, Ryder was not devouring her mouth like the guy is in the picture!

( I had a picture here before but I took it down. I plan on replacing it later because the picture I originally put up wasn't actually how the kiss was supposed to look.)

I took a long break from writing and it seems that now my schedule is looking more clear. I know it's short so I already have the next chapter mostly written and I'm posting it tomorrow. Love you guys! <3