Chapter 16 "The truth prevails"

A/N: Hey guys I have Chapter 16 up finally. Yay! This is my Christmas present to you. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Safe holidays. Enjoy the chapter. Comment and vote and give for the holidays.

                                            *** Lalasa’s P.O.V. ***

              I woke up to snarls, hisses, and growls, also a heavy weight on my hip. I lifted my head and saw Duske on the edge of my bed and Talon behind me with his head on my hip.

               “What are you doing here?! You aren’t supposed to be in here.” I hissed and quickly got up and ran around and changed quickly into something comfortable, a pair of camo jeans and a light blue T-shirt; I know, weird color disorder for me. I stood in front of my bed and stared at the growling match between wolf and cat.

                “Duske, stop. Talon, don’t growl at my kitty. You’re bigger than she is and have bigger teeth than she does; and Duske, you may think you’re wonder kitty but you’re not.” I told them and I got a dirty look from both of them. Talon huffed softly and went to the door. He scratched and I let him and Duske out. Talon trotted down the stairs and sneaked past the kitchen. He went to the door and scratched lightly. I went as far as the kitchen and held up a finger. I went into the kitchen and got my pepper. I crunched my way back to the door and Talon. I opened the door and followed him to the stream where we met. He had gotten there before me and had scratched something into the sand. It said:

               I am Human

               I looked at him and smiled.

                “You were a bit obvious as to what you are, but who exactly are you?” I asked him and in answer Talon shifted. Apparently he was one of the lucky ones, as am I, that he kept his clothes as he shifted. I then noticed his clothes. They were what Waneta had worn last night. I looked up at his face and felt myself pale. Last thing I saw was Waneta’s shocked face.

* * *

               I came to and the first thing I saw was Waneta. I narrowed my eyes at him. I let my hand shoot out and slap him on the back on the head.

                “Hey, what was that for?” He asked, rubbing his head.

                “That was for watching me get dressed this earlier.” I told him, sitting up. Waneta looked appropriately sheepish.

                “Sorry, I have more to tell you.” He paused and looked at me. I nodded my head so he could continue.

                “In our society, we have packs,” I held up my hands.

                “I know this. What I don’t understand is the sparks that happen when we touch.” Waneta gave me a grin and continued.

                “We have what we call mates, and before you ask, yes it is like the storied from last night. Actually, those are true stories. I’m a descendant of Galabriel and the Alpha, whose name was Zachariel. As Galabriel was Zachariel’s mate, you are mine.” I stared at him and slowly shook my head and Waneta nodded. I had stood up a bit ago and now my knees buckled and I fell right on my can. Waneta rushed forward and I warded him off with my hand.

                 “How can we be mates? What about my phobia? If I’m around you so much as when we’re together then I’ll have a panic attack; and what about if we have kids?” I asked him and he smiled.