Chapter 15 "Bonfire Tonight"

A/N: Hey peoples. so this is chapter 15, I hope you enjoy, and sorry about the long wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                            *** Lalasa’s P.O.V. ***

             I woke up around two in the afternoon, but I didn’t move, I was so warm, almost toasty in fact. I snuggled deeper into my pillow for a minute before sighing and getting up. I shivered and quickly changed and grabbed my jacket. I put it on and sat on my swivel chair. I loaded up my Facebook and checked my games. I did my Howrse and signed onto Wattpad. I clicked on the writer conleyswifey and went to her works. I clicked on The Innocence and the Outlaw and read it until I heard a horn honk. I voted and closed the computer down. I grabbed my book, If He’s Wicked and headed downstairs. Sora, Angus, and Waneta were waiting by Waneta’s car.

             “Are you coming?” Angus asked and I nodded.

             “We’re going to the docks, well, the cliffs behind the docks.” I nodded again and we all piled into Waneta’s car. It didn’t really take that long, maybe 10, 15 minutes tops. I saw the cars first and man, were they gorgeous. The dates ranged from a 1920’s Ford to a 1970’s Chevy Camaro. I was practically drooling over the darned gorgeous things. When we stopped I was out in a flash, drooling over the Ford. A guy with silver, yes silver, hair came over and smiling at my admiration of his car.  Oh, not to mention, he’s huge. Almost two heads taller than Waneta.

             “Waneta, I see she likes cars.” Waneta smiled.

             “Yeah. You should’ve seen her as we were pulling in, almost like an excited pup.” Waneta stepped forward and did a weird handshake with him, where they grasped forearms.

             “How are you doing Daniel? Anything new?” Waneta asked as he stepped back and Daniel shrugged.

            “I’m doing fine, a bit older, a bit taller, and a bit hairier. Another inch and I’ll beat the record. As for the new, my brother Adham moved in with his wife and rugrats so now I barely get any sleep.” Waneta laughed at Daniel’s put-upon expression. I smiled a bit at his laughter, almost feeling glowy. I shook it off and circled Daniel’s car. I flicked him a glance when I wanted a closer look at the inside and he nodded. I practically rubbed my hands together in glee. I opened the door and sat in the leather. It even had the original seat covers too. I looked in the backseat and poked at the seat covers. I was practically in antique car lover heaven right now. I sat back and relaxed in the seat.

             Ahhh, I thought and smiled. Waneta laughed and I opened my eyes to a bright flash.

             “Hey!” He chuckled as he tried to keep his phone away from me.

          “Uh-uh. This is a good photo. So, Mine.” I pouted at him and he laughed some more and pulled me in for a hug. I stiffened for a second then relaxed and I hugged him back. He nuzzled my neck, which was strange but it felt good. I let go but kept my arm around his waist. Ooo, warm, I thought and kind of snuggled in closer. Waneta and Daniel chuckled at me and I growled at Waneta but smiled at Daniel.

          “Hi, my name is Lalasa.” I held out my hand for him to shake. Waneta growled but Daniel shook my hand. I turned to Waneta.

          “Will you quit being a gloomy, grouchy, gus?” Daniel snorted and Waneta almost, almost, looked sheepish. He nodded and I smiled at him. Waneta tugged at my arm.

             “Come on, I want you to meet someone. It was nice to see you Daniel and for letting Lalasa torment/drool over your car.” Waneta told Daniel and he laughed and waved us on. Waneta dragged me over near the edge of the cliff where a man almost Identical to Waneta stood with a small mahogany haired woman and a little girl with a small stuffed toy wolf and red/brown hair.