Chapter|03

Aijah Sims

"MOMMY! MOMMY!" I heard Shilah yell, while she bounce on the bed. My eyes fluttered open, I smiled because she was looking over me. I grabbed her and started to tickle her she laughed. I picked her up and walked to the bathroom.

"Mommy, when your day off?" She asked looking at me through the mirror as I did her hair.

"Soon, princess."

"Okay, Queen." she giggled. I laughed she stopped all completely.

"What's wrong LahLah?" I asked turning her so she was now facing me.

"If you're a Queen and I'm a Princess who's the King?" I felt my heart rate quicken, I started to become nauseous. Why did she have to be so damn cleaver to realize that this fairytale life we were living wasn't complete.

"He's somewhere saving the kingdom, baby." I said avoiding her eyes. She has Shiloh's eyes, and I couldn't never lie when I look into then.

"Mommy, can I go to your work today?" She asked completely changing the subject. Boy do I love kids and their short attention span.

"I'll have to find out if Arielle, wants to come too." I said.

"NO! Me and Arielle aren't friends anymore she that my dollies are fakes an hers are real." Shilah rambled. I shook my head children drama. I went and got her in a floral romper with some loafers she put on glasses and grabbed her iPad and left. To watch Sofia the First, I gave her a fruit bowl knowing anything else would just mess up her little outfit. I walked into my closet wondering what I should where. I put on jeans and a grey t-shirt with a yellow necklace, red purse, and yellow Louboutins.

"Mommy?" Shilah called.

"Yes, baby?" I answered.

"You look very pretty." She smiled, waiting for me to return a compliment.

"Why, thank you, you look gorgeous."

"I know." she said walking away. Her confidence just reminded me of Deedrah. I missed my best friend and my god son. And I miss Remo too. I  was walking with Shilah, when the town car pulled up. The driver opened the door Aijah respectfully said good morning the driver didn't reply so she screamed it. He looked down.

"Good, Morning Ms.Brown, Ms.Sims?" he smiled. Shilah began to look at me weirdly. Just like Shy used to when somrthing was on his mind.

"Yes, Shilah?" I said while looking at my schedule for the day.

"Why did you give me the last name Brown? Mommy?" Shilah asked. it was almost like déjà vu. I remembered the exact day I asked my mother the same thing. I didn't know this would happen so fast. Yet she is Shiloh and I's child, she's destined to be quick. It was when I saw her little hands wave in my face. I grabbed them and turned her so she was now facing me. I looked her in the eyes and admitted to her.

"Mommy named you Brown, because mommy's favorite singer is Chris Brown and he released my favorite song on your birthday." Okay I lied, I really don't want her to ask anymore questions about Shy.

"COOL!" She yelled while going back to playing the iPad. I continued to do what I was doing. It was when I got an urgent message Sierra saying that the customers were asking for a meeting. I was fine with it until she told me that it was going to be today. I swear me and Sierra are going to just flat out stop talking because of her keeping things from me till the last minute. I should kill her but that wouldn't be right.