Chapter|01

Aijah Sims

I watched as Shilah played with her dolls. She was playing family. She looked up and smiled at me. I smiled back to my little princess. I felt something nudge me. I looked up and saw my co-worker Sierra smiling handing me a soda. I smiled and took it.

"Hey Aij." Sierra, smiled

"Hey, SiSi?" I said with little emotion.

"What's up with you lately?" She said, looking at me weirdly. I shrugged but deep down I knew. I was going back into my depressive mode. Shilah was turning four and never met anyone other than friends that I've made in New York. I guess me being depressed is exactly what I deserve. I did take her away from family.

"Oh Aij! I didn't mean to make you cry." I heard Sierra say worryingly while wiping the tears I didn't even know that fell. I forced myself to stop crying.

"No it's nothing, just make sure Shilah doesn't notice me crying." I said moving around on Sierra's sofa.

"Aij, she's too busy playing with Arielle. Tell me what's wrong or I'm gonna talk work." Sierra said. I groaned.

"What event are we planning now?" I asked.

"Well it's some rich guy's birthday. Well technically it isn't his birthday, but it's a birthday party." Sierra said. I was just confused. What dumbass came up with that?

"Who came up with that?" I asked Sierra. She just shrugged. I heard the door to her apartment open in walked her husband Luke.

"Hey babe, What's up Aijah where's my little niece and my princess?" Luke entered. Smiling and all.

"Good.Good. Shilah, say hi to uncle Luke." I said. Shilah and Arielle looked up and ran up and jumped on Luke. He was such a great person. He wasn't even Arielle's father but loved when she called him 'Daddy'. Shilah never even mistakenly called him 'Daddy' she's always called him uncle nothing more nothing less.

"Hi to uncle Luke!" Shilah said while waving. We all except the two toddlers laughed. It was when I was getting an email from Sharine. Which shocked me. how did she get my email address?

|FROM: SharineBrown71@gmail.com
|TO: Aijah.Sims1@gmail.com
Hello Aijah,
Long time no speak I just wanted to inform you we will ALL be in New York, on Tuesday for an event. Mark the date .

I just froze. After all these years of them staying away. And never coming close now they decide to come. Why in the hell did they have to come up here, Florida is big enough to party in, why would they come to where I am. I knew I shouldn't have told Sims where I moved to.

"Aijah, what's wrong?" Luke asked touching my shoulder gently. I looked up at him and nodded. He looked at me funny while Sierra snatched my phone reading the E-Mail. She looked up at me.

"Who's Sharine?" she asked. I looked at her and just stared. Believe it or not I'm still in shock. I don't want them here!

"My Ex's mom." I whispered. They both nodded in understanding. I told Sierra out of confidence when we met at the mommy and me classes, she told me about her past also.

"There's something about that name though that just stands out to me." Luke said. I looked up at him weirdly. The Brown Family is Notorious just like my Family.

"What the first or the last name?" I asked suspecting something unusual.

"The first name." He said. I released a breath I didn't know that I was holding. I felt as Sierra tapped me. I got up and walked with her.

"I know you're in shock but you need to stop running. I stopped running and I think you should too." She said.

"No, he didn't come after me the first, why should I just allow him to find me. I bet if another woman comes along saying that she has a baby for him, He'll stand by her." I argued back. Sierra shook her head.

"You're not understanding me Aij, There has to be a reason she's coming here. God must want y'all together. Plus there's different parts of New York, that doesn't mean there gonna be exactly where you are. So how bout stop worrying and start think what outfit to wear to show his dumbass just how good you look with out him." Sierra said. I smiled she was like me and Deedrah mixed into one. I think that's why we clicked as fast as we did.

"So are we gonna go shopping tomorrow?" I asked, Just wondering what stuff would lead too.

"Hell yes we will be in Louis Vuitton, Bloomingdales, and Barneys." Sierra said happily this girl loves to shop. I swear there's always a reason for her to shop.

"And FAO, I won't feel comfortable without getting the girls stuff too." I said.

"Oh, Yes and I promised Arielle an American Doll I can get on for LahLah too." Sierra offered. I shook my head yeah.

"They're never gonna remember anything that we have done for them." I laughed. I heard laughter I peeked in to see the girls play fighting with Luke. Seeing Shilah happy made me smile. I just imagined how happy she would be if she met Shy and got to finally got to call him Daddy. But apart of me wanted him no where near her. I just can't imagine myself allowing her to get hurt like I did.

"STOP THINKING ABOUT DOING THIS!" Sierra yelled. I looked at her in shock.

"How did you-?" I started to ask she looked at me and smiled. I must've said something out loud.

"I read minds you ain't know?" She giggled. I rolled my eyes.

"Sierra, when is the event gonna be anyways?" I asked, she looked at me and looked down onto the City's beautiful view.

"Have you notice how beautiful the view is? You know minus all the dirty ass birds and they shit, and them pigeons too." Sierra said like it was something normal to say. I laughed she giggled not even knowing why I was laughing.

"Wait! Don't even try to change the subject. When is the Event?" I asked. She walked away. What is she hiding?

"Sierra." I called her name to tell her that I've had enough of her games.

"OKAY! DAMN! Stop bothering me. The event is on Shlah's Birthday." Sierra said automatically covering her ears.

SMART MOVE!

"WHAT THE HELL SIERRA I TOLD YOU NO BIRTHDAYS, ANNIVERSARYS, AND/ OR ANY OTHER KIND OCCASION! WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU AGREE TO HOST AN EVENT ON THAT DAY?" I yelled she just blinked.

"HELLO DIDN'T I ASK YOU A QUESTION?!"

"Oh? I didn't because...Um I didn't cause your life is a bit sad. You don't go anywhere and when you do it's surrounded around her and never for you. Shit you know all the Teletubbies and all the Disney Jr. characters names by heart. You need a life. And the client said that we're invited." She said like she was teaching me a lesson. Hearing my life did sound weird, I must admit. But it's on my baby's birthday. I wouldn't feel right. And I wouldn't know who to leave her with. I'm not those types of mothers that will up and leave their child anywhere with just anyone. It took me two whole years just for Luke and Sierra to watch her supervised by me. That's my pride and Joy, the only one that hasn't hurt me.

"I understand you won't be comfortable leaving her with just anyone. I'm leaving Arielle with my grandmother Pearl. You can interview her all you want. I already warned her about you so she's ready to answer all your questions." Sierra said. I smiled. She really did want me out the house.

"So you up for it or nah?" Sierra asked poking me. I kept a straight face.

"Come on you know you want to say yes to going to parties. I know there's an inner clubber somewhere in there." she poked me some more. I smiled. She was right I always had an inner partier in me. I just never did anything like that outside of Deedrah's presence. I just wondered if I should go or not.

~~Should Aijah Go or Nah? Photo of all Characters mentioned located in the Multimedia.~~