Chapter 19

"C'mon John! We're going to be late!" Sherlock yelled to his husband as he checked over his suit for any flaws or hairs out of place before zipping up the cover and throwing it over his arm.

"Alright, alright. I'm coming!" John yelled from the bedroom, collecting a couple toys to keep their daughters busy as he also collected their dresses and flower-girl hair ties.

"Is there anything else we need?" The detective checked over their collection of suits, dresses, toys, and other wedding essentials before blowing some low-hanging curls out of his view. John snickered after hearing his husband followed by the yelling and screaming of their daughter's upstairs in their room as they came tromping down the stairs.

"We may need these two." John chuckled, picking up the youngest and swinging her around. The blogger planted a sloppy kiss to her cheek as she squirmed and giggled and screamed in joy.

"I can't believe how much they've grown." Sherlock said amazed, ruffling the curls on Joan's head as she giggled and poked her cheek, asking her daddy for a kiss. The detective smiled and gladly obliged, bending down to her level and planting a kiss to her cheek and humming while doing it.

"Yeah, well, believe it. Because before you know it, they'll be off to uni and bringing home their own girlfriends. Or boyfriends." John confessed, looking to his husband and received a look that could kill.

"Don't say that John! I don't want them to grow up; they're my babies." Sherlock spoke in a soft voice. The blogger chuckled kissing the younger girl on the cheek before letting her down and sighing. "They're our babies, and I'll miss them too. I don't want them to leave either. But sooner or later, you know it's going to happen. I highly doubt they'll want to stick around us and chase down criminals for a living."

Sherlock scoffed. "John, they already do that with us. Whether they like it or not." The detective looked to his watch, eyes blowing wide at the time. "And speaking of chasing down, we have to go."

They collected their things, bid Mrs. Hudson goodbye, hailed a cab and headed for the wedding.

-----

Five years had passed since Sherlock gave birth to their second child. Finding out it was a girl was another story. Overjoyed but nervous, both the detective and the blogger were excited to bring another child into the world and raise it as a Watson-Holmes.

Alice Katherine Watson-Holmes was born in the late summer of the next year, and while Sherlock wasn't happy about her having to be born so late in the year, he was still just as excited to meet her nonetheless. Just like Joan, he had a home birth and everything went to plan, this time refusing to give his place up in the warm bath that soothed his aching muscles as he was struggling through the more forceful contractions that brought their daughter into the world.

Crying, overjoyed, and tired, both the detective and their blogger quickly warmed up to the newborn and so did Joan. Sherlock knew she would grow to be a good older sister and she already showed signs of it, happy to play and share with the younger one as soon as she was old enough to crawl.

The years flew by.

Peyton was a regular visitor after she graduated uni and helped Sherlock in many of his cases, out at the crime scene when John couldn't make it with the children, or back at the flat where they would sort through dozens upon dozens of files that were somehow linked to the case. One way or another, they always solved it and made a rather fantastic team; father and daughter.

One particular day would always stick in Sherlock's head. The day his daughter brought over her family.

Time seemed to stop for the detective, seeing her adopted mother and smiling with tears stinging his eyes. Peyton's mother smiled back, taking Sherlock's hand and kissing the back of it as she mouthed the words, 'thank you'.