Chapter 5

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please John?"

"No."

"Please John?!"

"No! Sherlock, like I have told you a dozen times already-"

"You've actually told me 16 times."

John pinched his nose and let out a sigh in frustration, because at that current moment Sherlock got called to go see Lestrade about another possible case. But due to the fact that Sherlock was almost 4 months along already, John really wasn't ready to let his pregnant husband start working on cases just yet.

"Sherlock, you need to think about the baby. You aren't exactly fit to be carelessly running around anymore."

"I'm perfectly fine John. Now please let me do this case, Lestrade needs me."

"You're 4 months pregnant Sherlock! You can't be chasing down criminals everytime one passes our door on the street!" John shouted.

The detective smiled as he gingerly got up from the couch, holding the lower part of his sizable bump, and walked over the his pouting blogger that was sitting in his chair. Sherlock buried his face in the crook of John's neck and nuzzled his nose like a puppy playing with its blanket while sneaking some kisses.

John felt a subtle smile creeping up onto his lips as he tried to push his husband away, being tickled by his perfect cupid bowed lips.

"Stop that! I'm supposed to be mad at you right now!" John swatted at Sherlock's curls while he started to suck on the junction where neck met shoulder.

"Oh c'mon John, like you said I'm pregnant." Sherlock leaned in closer to John's ear. "And being pregnant means being extremely horny." The detective bit down on his husband's earlobe as John felt his eyelids become heavy with lust. John snapped his eyes back open as he kept tryin to swat away Sherlock.

"Call Lestrade and ask for some cases that have gone cold, nothing more than that. Got it?" John hesitantly said. Sherlock smiled a big goofy smile and kissed his husband fully on the lips as he struggled to get up from kneeling on the floor.

Within a couple hours of sending the detective inspector a quick text, Lestrade arrived with a couple dozen case files that had run cold as John was the one to answer the door.

"Afternoon John, here are the case files that Sherlock asked for." Lestrade said, handing the files off to John and nervously wiping his hands on his pants.

"Thanks again Greg, Sherlock really needed an outlet after being cooped up in here for so long and that he's going to be here a little longer as well."

"So how's he holding up? Being inside all day." Lestrade asked, already knowing of Sherlock's pregnancy.

"He's actually taken to it pretty well, besides the fact that he really wants to be getting out of the flat on cases, he doesn't mind being inside all day." John smiled as he set the folders down on the table behind him.

"Well that's good, but if we still need any help with cases that don't involve him running around everywhere would you permit that?" The detective inspector asked with a hint of hope in his eyes.

"I suppose it would be okay with me, as long as he isn't running around London while trying to chase down a criminal." John assured.

"Wow, you sure are protective of what he does with his...condition."

"Yeah, It's just...I'm just a bit over protective of him. Sometimes Sherlock doesn't know when to slow down or even stop so I warn him now more than ever to take things slow." John said.