Chapter 2

Skipping a couple weeks ahead from the last chapter....

Sherlock nuzzled closer to his blogger as he buried his nose in John's short hair. He breathed in the fresh scent of John's fruity shampoo and he silently chuckled. John was always one for the "girlier" shampoos, saying it made his hair look and smell better as Sherlock appreciated it by often running his slender fingers through it and inhaling the scent when he got the chance.

The detective opened his eyes just in time to see John roll over and come within inches of his face as he smiled. It could've been how the lust filled air caressed both of their warm bodies, or how the sun danced across John's blemish-free skin, but Sherlock was in love. He was completely and utterly infatuated with his husband, he fell hard and he fell fast for John ever since he saw him in the lab of St. Bart's. He studied every aspect there was to his face as he slept next to him.

John raised his eyebrows and slowly opened his eyes as he smiled to see Sherlock looking back as memories of a couple weeks ago raced through his mind. Fingers dug deep into skin, hot breath pressed to each other's already clammy skin, lips never leaving another as both were stark naked and taking control over one another every once in awhile. Most of the night was spent with John on top and Sherlock's legs wrapped firmly around the army doctor's waist. Nothing but absolute bliss. That moment would forever be seared into his memory, not knowing if it had any significance whatsoever, (which we all know it does *wink wink*) but it would always be there.

"Morning love." John squeaked. Sherlock chuckled as he felt his heart melt, like the many times before when John calls him 'love'. None other than the great John Watson-Holmes could melt the detective's hardened exterior and metal heart by a simple word.

"Morning to you too. Breakfast?" Sherlock asked. John stretched and nodded scruffing his own hair as he crawled out of bed and headed to the bathroom, feeling the wandering eyes of his partner scale up and down. John looked back over his shoulder and winked to the detective as he gave a sly smirk that made Sherlock question of how such a stout man could have a firm and fit torso. His back rippled with muscle as he stretched his arms above his head as if to reach the ceiling.

Sherlock laid back as he tucked his hands behind his head and smiled. He took back his left hand as he admired the silver band that was enclosed around his ring finger. Sherlock thought he would never find a love as deep as the one he has with John but he has and couldn't imagine his life without him. He would probably be out on the streets or dead if it wasn't for John. He truly did love his army doctor.

A ring of his cell phone broke the inspiring moment as he picked it up and saw the caller ID; Lestrade. Sherlock groaned and reluctantly answered it.

"What is it Lestrade?" Sherlock forcefully asked.

"We need your help on a case."

"When don't you?"

"Sherlock, please. This one is serious, not the only one of its kind to happen this week. It's only Tuesday and this is already the 4th one. We need your help."

Sherlock thought it over as he rolled his eyes.

"I take it's more than a severity of 6?"

"Yes it is!"

"Alright, we'll be right over."

"Thank you She-" Before he could finish, Sherlock hung up on him as he tossed his phone to the side and got up to get dressed in his usual immaculate ways of a suit. As soon as the both of them were dressed, they headed out to the streets to catch a cab.

Silence in the cab has become mandatory for John and Sherlock. Sherlock needed to get away from the happily married Sherlock Watson-Holmes and into the great consulting detective Sherlock Holmes. As John respected that, he always kept to himself as well by looking at the passing city right outside the car window. But keeping his hand intertwined with Sherlock's, but the detective never objected.