Chapter 7

3 months later...

"C'mon Sherlock, time to get up! You have to be ready to go in 20 minutes!" John yelled from the other side of the bedroom door.

Sherlock groaned and pulled the blankets further over his head. "Leave me alone! I don't want to go!" The detective whined.

Today was the 7 month check up of Sherlock's pregnancy, and he wanted no business of being a part of it.

John managed to find the spare key to their bedroom as he opened the door and sat by Sherlock, rubbing his back with one hand soothingly and holding his prenatal vitamins in the other as persuasion to get him up.

"C'mon Sherlock. You have to get up, take your vitamins, and get dressed. Today we get to actually see our baby." John teased with a smile on his face. Sherlock whined before giving his husband the stink eye as he picked his head up from the pillow before laying back down and shamelessly whining again.

"We've already seen her many times before John, why should today be any different?"

"Because we actually get to see a 3-D picture of her." John said, the same dumb smile still plastered to his face.

The blogger has never seen a pregnant man move so fast in his life as Sherlock sat straight up, a crooked smile fixed on his lips, as he took his medicine then bolted to the bathroom and shut the door behind.

"And that's how you get the great Sherlock Watson-Holmes up in the mornings." John smartly retorted, talking to himself in the bedroom.
------

"Good morning boys! How have you two been? Quite an early appointment." The female doctor came in as she greeted them and looked at her watch to see the time.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Sherlock couldn't wait to see a 3-D picture of her, he practically jumped out of bed this morning." John apologized then joked as their doctor lightly laughed as well. The detective raised an eyebrow at their joking as he cleared his throat to get their attention.

"Alright, well I'm going to go get the ultrasound machine then we'll get this done and over with."

"Thank you, umm-"

"Doctor Collins. I'll be right back with the machine." She gave one last smile before leaving and closing the door behind her.

"So, when were planning on telling me of the surprise baby shower?" Sherlock asked, edging himself down the examination table and lifting his shirt over his sizable belly. John did a double take as he looked to the detective with a surprised face.

"What? I was never...I didn't...but how did you?" Once again, John was at a loss of words by Sherlock's deductions. The detective chuckled deep in his throat.

"Did you think I would miss the sneaking around, the pink decorations, but most of all the most groceries we have ever had in the flat? C'mon John, you should know who are married to." Sherlock playfully hit John across the chest with his hand.

"Well, you ruined the surprise." John angrily said, but never suppressing the grin that played across his lips. Sherlock grinned back.

"Are you ready?" Doctor Collins peeked her head in the door as she wheeled the machine in and set it next to the detective. Like routine, the gel was squeezed onto the lower part of his belly as she placed the wand down on the lower part where the gel was and like routine the instant sound of the heartbeat filled the room.

"She seems to be in good health, development is right on track. A little farther ahead even." Sherlock breathed a sigh as did John, the blogger grabbing his detective's hand as they were both in a daze of seeing their daughter on the screen.

With a couple of clicks of the keyboard, the flat black and white image suddenly switched to an all-too-real-looking picture of their baby's scrunched up face. Sherlock's breath hitched in his throat as his mouth hung open in amazement.

Though her eyes were closed, she still had the same eye shape as John as her lips took a similar shape to Sherlock's; cupid bowed. Upon closer inspection, they could already see some dark mass across her head as they figured it was already hair staring to grow.

"Oh my god, she's beautiful." John whispered in a breathy tone.

"She's...perfect." Sherlock corrected in a loving manner, seeming to be at a loss of words at seeing their daughter at that personal of a level.

"Did you feel that?" Collins looked to the screen then to the detective's face to see him nod in agreement.

"What? Feel what?" John questioned as Sherlock pointed to the screen to see their daughter hiccup, one right after another as it also made the detective's belly twitch along with them. John stood in utter amazement as he watched Sherlock's stomach jolt and twitch along with the child's hiccups as he gently pressed his hand to his stomach and felt exactly what he saw; twitches and jolts.

"I take it that you would like pictures?" Collins asked, a cheerful grin across her at seeing the joy this brought the two men. Without another word spoken, they nodded their heads as they were too choked up to speak.

She handed Sherlock a tissue as he cleaned himself off of the gel and she left the room to print the 3-D pictures and some of the regular sonogram.

"Thanks for getting me up John. Now I'm too excited to even think about sleeping, though I wasn't going to get much sleep anyways. She's been kicking an awful lot lately." Sherlock explained, rubbing one side of his stomach then setting it atop of it as it was more like a natural perch for his perfectly folded hands.

"That just means that she's almost ready to meet us. You hear that little one?" John bent over close enough to slowly kiss his husband's stretched skin and retreat with a huge grin on his face. "We're almost ready to meet you, now you have to be ready to meet us, which I hopefully is soon by the way. We love you so much baby girl. See you in the next couple of months." Giving one more fleeting kiss, John stood back up and brushed his hand over Sherlock's curls as he came down to kiss his lips.

"You know we still need to name her. We just can't keep calling her baby girl or little one all the time." John advised as all Sherlock did was give a playful smirk.

"I'll know it when I get to hold her in my arms."

With that last statement being made, they collected their pictures, put on their jackets and headed outside to hail a cab for home. The snow just beginning to fall.

Hey guys!

A LOOOOOOOOONG overdue chapter, but I finally got it done! Yay for me! This is what I get for having insomnia; a new chapter at 1 o'clock in the morning. Again, Yay for me!!

The part of the snow falling is to give you an idea of what time of the year it is (and that I really love snow, but we don't have any right now *sad face*)

Big smooch from your bad ass freelancer agent Tex!

Thanks again for reading!

Be sure to comment, follow, vote, whatever...