Chapter 4

By the time they got home from the hospital, Sherlock was back to his old self of seeming like a mindless machine more than a human as he went into the kitchen and began on another experiment. John still stood at the door to their flat, a confused yet angered look upon his face.

"So that's it then?" John asked, breaking the silence between the two.

"Is that what?" Sherlock responded, never taking his eyes away from the multiple pieces of paper that were strewned across the table.

"You just find out that you're pregnant and you don't even care? Sherlock, you are carrying another life within you and you nod it off like it's nothing? This is a human being!"

"I know what it is John, I've carried one before." Sherlock calmly responded to the bloggers outburst.

"No you haven't, remember? You terminated it!" John wished he hadn't said that and regretted it as soon as it came out of his mouth.

"You don't know what it was like John! Do you really think I am completely heartless? It was a child John! It was the hardest I had to do in my life! Peyton wasn't even born yet and I already loved her!" Sherlock's voice grew until he was shouting, tears were streaming down his cheeks as he sat back in one of the kitchen chairs and covered his face.

The flat fell silent as John tried to comprehend the words that came from Sherlock's mouth.

"Peyton?" John asked, his voice being barely audible. The detective lifted his head, his eyes red and puffy, to look at John and nod his head.

"Yeah," Sherlock wiped away the tears with the back of his hand, looking like a primary school student while doing it. "Peyton Joan Holmes. That was her name." The detective said, studying his hands like one of his own experiments and never meeting John's eyes.

"So, who was the father?" John asked. Sherlock met his husbands eyes and gave a pitiful smirk.

"I was 17 and he was 18. We were madly in love, skipping school to go to the pub, ditching our other friends to go do drugs in the crack houses, missing and entire week of school as we did nothing but have sex the whole time. Like I said, we were madly in love. But we were also blinded by it. I couldn't keep my hands off of him and he couldn't keep his cock out of me. We weren't even dating, or whatever you would call what we were, for 4 months before he decided to ditch me. He left town and I never heard from him again, not once." Sherlock recited the whole thing like memorizing lines to a play that has been done many times before. He remembered every aspect, detail, and flaw to their ruined relationship intensely. He remembered it all.

"What was his name?" John questioned. Sherlock lightly laughed at the thought of his teenage love.

"Vincent. Vincent Beauregard." He answered, wiping away another solitary tear.

"Handsome name." John quickly said. Sherlock smirked again.

"Handsome name for a handsome man." Sherlock looked back up to his loving and doting husband. "But nowhere nearly as handsome as you." John blushed.

"Is that everything?" The blogger questioned.

"Not exactly." The detective said sheepishly.

"Then what else?"

"I really didn't terminate the baby." Sherlock stated, just barely audible by John's ears.

"What?"

"I had the baby but decided to give it up for adoption."

"Again, what?" John asked, rather confused by this point.

"I was 17 John, I had no business becoming a father. What good would I be if somebody else could give her a happier life and she could make somebody else's life even better?"

"Do you know where or even who she is now? She probably doesn’t even have the name Peyton anymore. Don't you ever want to know?" Asked John.

"No, and I don't really care to know either. She was a part of me for only 9 months but she's been with another family for almost 20 years. I have no desire to know her or even see her. She is much happier without me, let's just leave it at that please." Sherlock said and returned back to his experiment.

Without warning, Sherlock was grabbed from behind by two small strong arms as they whipped him around and kissed him hard on the lips. He sank in deeper to the kiss as John pulled away and warmly smiled.

"Thank you for telling me all this. You truly are my knight in shining armor." John took to his knees and proceeded to pepper kisses all over Sherlock's lower belly as it looked more like he was chubby and nothing like he was actually pregnant.

"Hello in there. It's your daddy. I just wanted to say hi and to let you know that you mean more to me than life. I love you so much little one and we hope to see you soon." John gave one last kiss to Sherlock’s belly as he looked back up to see his husband on the verge of tears.

"I love you John."

"I love you too." John captured his husbands lips once more as they sat there holding each other and keeping one another company.