Chapter 3

2 months later...

"Jawn! Jawn!" Sherlock yelled from the bathroom, head hanging low as he managed to keep it upright resting it on the seat of the toilet.

"What is it Sherlock?" John asked, rushing to his husband's side.

"I need to throw up, but I can't anymore." Sherlock tried to explain, seeming to be at a loss of words. John pursed his lips as he helped the sick detective to his feet and to the bathroom sink to wash his mouth out of the vile flavor of vomit.

"You've been doing this for quite some time Sherlock, I think it's time we go see a doctor about this." John suggested. Sherlock tensed.

"You're a doctor John. Can't you tell me what's happening to me?" Sherlock asked. The detective was never one for the hospital. Needles, sickness festering in every corner, dying patients, it was all too much for him.

"Sherlock, I've been out of my practice for a while now, I don't think I'm even legally obligated to give you a proper examination anymore." John said.

"Please, anything but the hospital John, please." Sherlock pleaded, giving his husband those big puppy-dog eyes of sincerity. But the blogger wouldn't cave.

"No, Sherlock, we are taking you to the hospital and that's final. Come on, I'll help you get dressed into something a bit more decent than what you have on." In reluctance, Sherlock nodded his head as he was still hunched over in pain and relieved of his blue silk robe and pajama trousers and was slipped into a t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

"I don't think this is any better John. In fact, I thought I looked better in my blue robe." Sherlock whined, trying to convince John to stay home and forget about leaving the comfort of their flat.

"Something is better than nothing." John commanded, holding a hunched over Sherlock by the arm and leading him out the door of their flat and out on the street to hail a cab to the hospital.

_______

"Good morning gentlemen! What seems to be the problem?" A cheery female doctor came into their room as she closed the door behind them and looked down to her clipboard for their names.

Sherlock looked to John, pleading with his eyes as he didn't want to explain it. John rolled his eyes and nudged Sherlock's arm as the detective sat up to explain the situation.

"Well, if you can't see by now, my husband has dragged me here to this bloody awful place of disease to see what exactly is wrong with me when I already know for a fact of what is wrong with me." Sherlock wrung his hands together as both John and the doctor gave a surprised look towards the detective.

"How could you possibly know what's wrong with you?" John asked in more a hushed tone.

"Oh please John, you are married to a consulting detective and a high-functioning sociopath. Did you honestly think I wouldn't know what was wrong with me?" Sherlock said in a stern tone.

"Alright, umm, Mr. Watson-Holmes. Am I for certain needed anymore?" The doctor asked, almost being completely forgotten by the two men.

"Of course you are needed. I need you to examine me and tell me that my theory is right." Sherlock smugly said.

"Oh, uh, o-okay. And what exactly would your theory be?" She nervously asked.

"Yeah, Sherlock, what is your theory?" John asked, repeating the words of the doctor as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"That I'm pregnant."

"You're WHAT?!" John practically screamed, as he and the doctor both said it at the same time.

"Yes. I, Sherlock Watson-Holmes, am pregnant." Sherlock started to nervously wring his hands.

"But you're a man. How could you possibly-"

"When I was a teenager, I was horrified to have the same symptoms that I am having now. I went to the nearest hospital only to find out that I was considered a carrier. I could carry a child to full term and later give birth. Only being a teenager at the time, I was horrified at becoming a parent at such a young age. So, not even really having any real thought in it, I terminated the baby and went on with my life like nothing ever happened. And I never spoke of it again, until today."

John gently set his hand on Sherlock's and lightly rubbed the back of it with his thumb.

"Sherlock, I'm...I'm so sorry." John felt the the tears start to well in his eyes as Sherlock lifted his blogger's head and looked him in the eye, wiping away the tears with his large thumb.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. What's in the past is in the past, and it shouldn't affect our future together." Sherlock reassured his unsure husband.

"Do you still want to see if your theory is correct?" In the time Sherlock was telling the story, the doctor had left and come back with an ultrasound machine.

The detective looked to his blogger, tears starting to well in his eyes, as he squeezed John's hand and laid back on the examination table and lifted the bottom of his shirt up above his belly button. The doctor squirted the cold gel onto Sherlock's lower stomach as she set the wand to it and started to look for an explanation for Sherlock's theory.

"Well." She began.

"Well, what?" John nervously asked, feeling as if he was staring at nothing on the monitor.

"Hear it for yourself." The doctor flipped on a switch on the side of the monitor as a whooshing sound filled the whole room.

"Well, congratulations to you both, it seems that your theory was right. You're pregnant!" The cheery doctor said as she pointed to what looked like a tiny dot on the screen. Sherlock grabbed John's hand even tighter as he couldn't help but let the tears fall freely from his eyes and John did the same.

"Are things going to be different now?" John whispered as he placed a soft kiss to Sherlock's temple. The detective smiled.

"Definitely."

Hey guys!

Again, sorry for the short chapter, but I realized I was really behind on some of my other works so this is what I came up with at short notice.

PLEASE don't hate me! *Offers cookie in trade for not hating me*

Thanks again for reading!

Big smooch from your bad ass freelancer agent Tex!

Be sure to comment, follow, vote, whatever...