Chapter 12

You lay on the stone floor, throwing a rock into the air and catching it again. You've been waiting for 3 hours. 

"Time to go." The King Laufey says, standing by the cell door. He takes you by surprise and the rock hits you on the nose. 

"Shit!" You yell and cover your nose with your hand. When you take your hand away from your face there is a pool of blood in it "Damn" You curse and try to wipe the blood from your nose.

"No, no. Keep the blood there, It looks better" He smirks, pulling your hand from your nose. "Alright, this way... Valkyrie" He links arms with you and leads you to the throne room. The guards pull open the doors to reveal the throne room filled with frost giants, chatting a joking around. When you and Laufey step in, everyone falls silent.

"Kneel before the King of Jotunheim!" A guard calls out and everyone kneels. Boy, Loki would love this. You dig your nails into your hands to punish yourself for thinking of him. King Laufey walks you towards the thrones and you stop in front of them. 

"Welcome my friends..." He begins. "You are all here to witness the coronation of Valkyrie" You stand confidently, looking over the crowd of kneeling frost giants. 

"How did I even get here?" You whisper to yourself, remembering your past life. You just get to the part when you visit Loki on the airship when a frost giant approaches you. He carries a block of ice with a tiara made of ice. It must have a magic spell to stop it from melting. You have to admit, frost giants do have class.

"Kneel down child" He orders. You slowly kneel down and bow your head. King Laufey carefully picks up the tiara and holds it above your head. "I now crown you Valkyrie-" There is a large explosion and Loki appears on the pathway leading up to the thrones just as Laufey places the tiara upon your head.

"(y/n)..." He gasps. You try to read his face, there are so many mixed emotions that you can't tell what he's thinking. It's a mix of sadness, horror and surprise. You stay silent, trying to stay serious. You dig your nails into your palms so hard that blood starts dripping onto the floor. What have they done to you? Loki mouths. You tear your eyes away from Loki's so you don't have to look at him. You notice that Laufey has been studying your every move.

"Leave" Laufey orders the crowd. The frost giants reluctantly exit the room, leaving the three of you alone. "Loki" He smirks.

"Father," Loki says coldly. "What have you done to her?"

"Oh, nothing. I've just... Had a little chat with her" He chuckles, admiring his bloodied knuckles.

"You monster!" Loki cries and tries to run over to you. King Laufey catches Loki by the throat.

"No, you're the monster Loki. No-one can fall in love with a monster" He laughs in Loki's face. Tears threaten to spill down Loki's cheeks. Laufey's smile suddenly fades and his eyes go dull.

"I did" You growl, pushing the knife further into Laufey's back.