1

~Jimin~

I sit up in my room and listen to my father clamber up the stairs in his drunken state. It's always been hard, but it's even worse on their anniversary.

My mom died when I was 10 years old. nine whole years ago. Nonetheless, my dad still manages to come home drunk every night, with or without a new girl on his arm.

I slip out of my bed and get close to my door so I can lock it. I creep over the creaky floorboards and manage to grasp the handle when I hear the sound of glass shattering. I quietly slide open my door partially to see my dad holding a shard of glass in his hand and smiling at it. I quickly shut my door and lock it, aware of the current situation.

Dad's gone mad.

I rush around my room as quietly as I can and shove things into my bag. Basically my money, electronics, some clothes, and my dads pack of cigarettes I stole. I slide on my pink converse and open the creaky window next to my bed.

"Jiminie? Where are you my sweet boy?" I here my dads hoarse voice attempt to coax me out of my room. Grabbing my bag, I vault myself out the window and start running down the street.

Where to go? Where to go?! I start to panic. Uhmmmm... There's always Jin right? No he's at his grandparents! As I run I try to think of anyone else I could go and stay with. Taehyung. I'll have to stay with Taehyung. I turn a corner and head towards his house.

My phone starts to vibrate as my dad calls me to find out where I am. So I completely turn it off so he can't even track the GPS. I feel the drops of sweat starting to form on my for head as I slow my run back down to a walk. I wipe it with the sleeve of my light blue sweatshirt.
"Jimin?" I hear a voice behind my call out and I instantly whip out my pocket knife, only to turn and face Yoongi. "Woah woah woah... Relax. What are you doing out here at this time?" He asks me and I snap the knife back into place.
"I could ask you the same thing..." I trail off, my voice shaking a bit due to the adrenaline rush I just received.
"Couldn't sleep. Now you."
"Me too." I lie. I pray to whoever is up there that Yoongi wont notice the pack slung over my shoulder and question me about it.

~3rd Person~

"Doesn't seem like that." Yoongi takes a few steps closer to get a better look at the cute boy standing in front of him. He notices the worn out purple jansport bag being held up by the boys small shoulders. "Looks like you're running away."

Jimins breaths start to speed up as he thinks of an excuse to tell Yoongi.
"Well... I-it's of no concern t-to you." Jimin forces out of his lips.
"It's not. But you better find somewhere to stay soon..."
"Why's  that?"
"Because isn't that your dads SUV?" Yoongi points down the road and Jimins entire body spins to get a look at the large white vehicle swerving down the road in their direction. His eyes practically pop out of his head and he turns to face Yoongi. That's when he sees him up the driveway of the house they were standing next to, cautiously unlocking the door. Yoongi turns to lock eyes with a fearful Jimin, and waves his arm to guide the boy inside.

Jimin runs inside like there's no tomorrow, and finds no trouble in sitting on the couch to bawl his eyes out. He pulls his sleeves down past his wrists to better conceal the bruises that can be found there.

~Yoongi~

I watch the boy pull his sleeves down that started to ride up to his elbows when I see a dark purple spot.
"Pull your sleeve back up. Now." I command. Jimin looks at me with tear filled eyes that I can't stand to see, as he slowly pulls up a sleeve to reveal a dark purple bruise painted on his beautifully tanned skin.  I rush over to him and gently take his arm into my lap.
"How'd you get this." I say flatly. I've always noticed the boy from afar, but never had the courage to talk to him.
"I... Fell." He says with a slight quiver in his voice, and I instantly know he's lying.
"Tell me the truth Jimin."
"Why? This is the first time you've ever talked to me! I don't see why you should suddenly get entry into my life problems." I stick his arm back into his lap and go upstairs to the bathroom.

I yank out the first aid kit and go back downstairs. Jimin looks back at me and I notice how red and puffy his eyes have gotten. I need to know what's going on with this poor boy.  So I sit down next to him on the couch, closer than last time, and tenderly take the wounded limb into my lap.
"You tell me what happened while I take care of this."
I offer and he nods.  I open up the kit and start while he tells me.
"Well, my mom died about nine years ago, and that's really when it all started. My dad would beat me and I'd have to miss school until the bruises went away. It was always the worst on their anniversary."  Jimin stops and I look toward his face to see a few rouge tears fall down his plump cheeks.
"Was today... Their anniversary?" I cautiously ask, not wanting to draw any more tears out of those beautiful brown eyes. He just nods.
"My dad came home drunk and I looked outside of my room and he was hold a shard of glass and calling my name. I think he's completely lost it." Jimin exhales, probably relieved to get that off his chest.
"You... Can stay here as long as you want." I tell him.
"It's okay, I'll just go to Taehyungs house." He tells me and my face falls. Right. I forgot that they were dating.
"Oh right." I chuckle nervously and set his arm back into his lap. We both stand and he makes his way back to the door.

Jimin opens the door and looks around outside to make sure his dad is out of sight, and when he knows that the coast is clear, he thanks Yoongi and closes the door, running to Taehyung, and leaves the elder behind the closed wooden door.
~~~~