Cute in Glasses

By: nightospherian on tumblr

Word count: no number given

Summary: Phil has to wear glasses and gets self-conscious.

"No, no, no." Were the only words running through Phil's mind as he stared at himself in his bedroom mirror. The new and polished black framed glasses sat uncomfortably on his frowning face. Phil tried different facial expressions that he felt suited his glasses, but was never satisfied. He tried widening his eyes more, as well as sweeping his hair further forward, making himself a quiff, and different lengths of his tongue hanging out of his mouth. None of it looked just how he wanted.

"I think they're really flattering, actually," Dan chimed in, standing behind his boyfriend as he rubbed his hands up and down Phil's arms. "You can pull these off."

"I look like a complete idiot," Phil scowled, crossing his arms and shrugging his shoulders as if to dismiss Dan's touch from his arms. He couldn't see what Dan liked about it, if he was even telling him the truth.

"Stop saying that, you said that the whole train ride home." Dan chortled, gripping Phil's arms tighter. He loved how they suited Phil. How his hair lightly brushed the top of the frames, how they made his bright blue eyes pop, how the dark hinges hid within Phil's hair.

Phil shook his head, taking the glasses off and placing them firmly on his bedside table. "I"m not wearing these out!" he exclaimed, pouting. "I would rather dye my hair bright green."

"That would look great on you, too!" Dan lied, sitting himself on the edge of Phil's bed. He wasn't sure how much he liked the idea of Phil having emerald green hair.

Phil raised his brow and sat down next to Dan.

"Put those back on." Dan spoke, looking Phil straight on.

"I don't need them." Phil insisted, turning away. He didn't want to carry the self consciousness of how he looked with him around the house, where he's usually laid back on looks.

"You know what the doctor said, Phil. You have to wear these or your eyes won't adjust." Dan raised a brow, reaching for the glasses and placing them in Phil's lap. "You don't want to wear these for any longer, do you?" he threatened lightly.

Phil sighed. As long as he stayed away from mirrors. He slid them onto his face, clenching his eyes shut. He tousled his hair and turned towards Dan, as if asking for approval.

"You look adorable." Dan chuckled. Phil dulled his expression. "I'm not joking! Stop thinking you look bad," he gently punched Phil's arm.

"You have no idea! I hate these and I never wanted them! They don't even help with my sight that much! They just make everything look HD." Phil complained, falling back on his bed.

"That means they're working, Phil." Dan muttered, finding and grasping Phil's hand for consolation. "You're the only one who thinks you look bad."

"You just think I look good all the time, you have no say." Phil covered his face with his free hand.

"Yeah, I do!" Dan blushed. "But you actually look hot in those."

"Shut up," Phil groaned, kicking his legs.

"I'm serious!" Dan exclaimed, turning his whole body towards Phil. "Now stand up so I can kiss you in glasses."

Phil rolled his eyes, sliding off the bed and standing up. He slapped his arms down by his side like an angry child as Dan stood in front of him and closed the space between them, connecting their lips. Phil's glasses shifted slightly as Dan turned his head, nibbling on his lip. Phil gave in and kissed back, cupping his hands over Dan's warm cheeks.

Dan pulled back, smiling. "That feels better than regular kissing."

"I feel like I'm hurting your face with them," Phil cringed.

Dan shook his head, planting a quick kiss to Phil's lips again. "I love it, you goof. Now don't take these off."