We're A Lot More Alike Than You Thought

By: windylester on ao3
Word count: 1,910
Summary: Phil is a tattoo artist while Dan is a florist, but are they really all that different?

Crying and screaming was all that Phil heard. He knew that this must've hurt the poor girl but was actually screaming at the top of her lungs necessary? Being a tattoo artist had it's perks, but it also had it's downsides, this would be one of them. A girl had come in by herself and wanted a fawn drawn on her thigh, she immediately started sobbing as soon as the needle hit her skin. The sobbing advanced into screaming so it must've sounded like someone was getting brutally murdered in the tattoo parlor. Phil wanted to tell her to stop crying but he didn't want to be rude so he bit his tongue and continued finishing the damn fawn tattoo.

He finally finished it and sighed, relieved that it was over. The girl quieted down and took a few deep breathes. She got up from the seat and made her way to the mirror to get a better look.

"Oh wow, it's so cute, I love it!" she said while sniffling.

"I'm glad you like it." Phil smiled, trying to be polite.

He guided her to the counter and she paid for her tattoo and left. Phil sat in the tattoo chair and pulled out his phone to scroll through Tumblr, pictures of puppies, game fanart, and his otp popping up on his dash. He heard the bell attached to the door ring along with a "What the heck, Phil?"

Phil looked up to see Dan, the boy who worked at the flower shop next to the tattoo parlor. He was in his full work uniform, white button-up shirt, khakis, a green apron, and his own little touch, a pink flowercrown. They occasionally talked but they weren't really friends, although Phil thought he was super adorable.

"Was someone killed in here?" Dan asked, his arms crossed.

"No, but some girl was having a bit of a rough time dealing with the pain of getting tattooed." Phil chuckled.

Dan smiled and said, "Well the customers at the shop looked very concerned so I decided to come over here and check it out, see if anyone was getting gutted, which would have been a surprise, as you don't seem like the killing type."

"Thank you, I make sure that I never come off the the killing type, don't want to scare off customers." Phil said sarcastically.

"Well, you succeed at doing so... I guess I'll go now, sorry for disturbing you." Dan said, turning around and starting to walk away.

It got pretty lonely in the parlor at times, Phil would spend hours with no one around, drawing up new tattoo ideas, scrolling through social media on his phone, singing along to the songs on the radio. Most of the time all he really wanted was someone to talk to.
"Wait... You can stay if you want." Phil stopped Dan.

Dan spun around and said, "As much as I want to, I have to get back to my job, I'm sorry."

Phil had been so stupid, of course he had a job to get back to.

"No, it's fine I completely understand." Phil muttered.

Dan paused and scrunched his eyebrows. He sat like that for a moment when his face lit up.

"I can't stay right now, but my shift is over in about an hour, can I come over then?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'd like that... See you then." Phil giggled.