Koi No Yokan (2)

By: canonjohnlock on ao3

Word count: 4,817

[A/N ~ I feel so freaking bad that I didn't post yesterday so imma post 6 today]

Epilogue

"Today's the day," Phil said softly, holding the camera in front of his face. "I'm gonna wake him up now." He rolled over in his bed and poked Dan in the side. "Dan. It's time to wake up."

"Hmmm," Dan moaned, snuggling deeper into the duvet.

Phil kissed his nose. "Get up. We get married today."

He grinned groggily. "Mmm. We do."

"So get up."

He cracked his eyes open and saw the camera. "Are you filming? Phil, I'm indecent," Dan laughed, covering his bare chest with the blanket.

"You have pants on and we're vlogging this." He smiled fondly. "Breakfast?"

"Our parents separated us," Phil pouted, sending a look to his parents through the camera lens.

"It's bad luck to see your bride before the wedding!" Phil's mum shouted from the background where she was steaming Phil's suit jacket.

He giggled. "He's not my bride!"

"You know what I mean!"

"So we're both getting ready in separate hotel rooms. I still don't understand why couldn't just get a divider, Mum. Then I could at least talk to Dan and not see him."

"No, Phil."

Phil laughed, eyes sparkling. "The wedding starts in about an hour, which means I have plenty of time to play games on my phone."

"No, it doesn't," his dad corrected, stepping into the frame. "We have to take pictures still."

Phil groaned. "Guess I better go then."

"I'm so nervous," Dan admitted, switching his phone to his other hand for a better angle. His hands shook slightly. "It's a good nervous, though. An excited nervous. My brother is my best man, by the way. Martyn is Phil's. I'm about to go down to the courtyard for some pictures, so I'll see Phil. We're having Louise film the service and Darcy is the flower girl. She's quite cute, I must say. Alright, I'm gonna go. See you later."

Their mothers walked them down the aisle. Chris high-fived them as they went, earning laughter from the attendees. Phil said his vows first.

"I promise to love you, more than I love Lion. I promise to help you through your existential crises and your bad days. I promise to always stand by you, no matter what. I promise to never stop loving you. I promise to always tell you the truth and I'll start right now: I will never break these promises for as long as I live."

Dan went next.

"I promise to love you, even when you eat my cereal. I promise to always support you, through thick and thin. I promise to always be loyal and to always tell you when something is wrong. I promise as this and I know I will never, ever regret it."

"Do you, Philip Michael Lester, take Daniel James Howell to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold? To love and to serve? Until death do you part?" the pastor asked.

"I do."

"Do you, Daniel James Howell-"

"I do," Dan interrupted.

The congregation and pastor laughed. "Wait until I finish please. Do you, Daniel James Howell, take Philip-"

"I do."

" Dan ," Phil giggled.

"Sorry, I'll try again."

The pastor shook his head and chuckled. "Do you, Daniel James Howell, take Philip Michael Lester to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold? To love and to serve? Until death you part?"

"I do."

"I now pronounce you man and husband. You may kiss the groom."

"We're married!" Phil announced.

"We're married!" Dan echoed.

They held up their interlocking fingers to show off their matching gold bands.

"Stop vlogging, guys!" PJ scolded, walking up behind them. "It's time for the first Howell-Lester dance."

"Alright, alright," Phil contended. "Goodbye from Phil Howell-Lester."

"And goodbye from Dan Howell-Lester."

"Why is your last name first?" Phil muttered, stuffing the camera in his pocket, not realizing it was still filming.

"Because I have cooler hair, Phil." Dan paused. "Oh my god. Are you serious? Our first dance song is Toxic? God, I hate you."

Phil laughed and Dan joined in. Even the deaf could hear how in love they were.

END