"Are you going to ask me if you look good out of it again?" I wondered.

"Not this early on our first date! Buy me dinner first!" he laughed.

We transitioned into our usual everyday conversation that we would have over text. We talked about our days and got the scoop on what was going on with each other. I gave him a tour of my room, doing the "paint me like one of your French girls" pose on my bed at one point to mess with him. We talked about random things and flirted for a while until it got dark outside. I was smiling like an idiot, glad that my roommates weren't around to tease me about it. Things were going so well, and then the video began to mess up. Mark's camera froze, then went to black.

"Whoa, what just happened? I can't see you anymore," I told him. I checked my internet connection to make sure nothing was happening on my end, but everything seemed to be fine.

"Crap, yeah. My webcam isn't all that great. I'm actually amazed we've gone this long without any problems," he said.

"Well, we can just stick to audio, I guess." I had to admit, I was a little annoyed that I couldn't see him anymore, but talking to him was still better than nothing.

"Yeah, sorry. I'll have to get a new camera soon," he apologized.

"It's alright. The video chat was fun while it lasted."

"Maybe on our second date you can see how I look out of this shirt again," he suggested.

"I thought I needed to buy you dinner first!"

"I mean, that's kind of hard to do when you live so far away. I think just having a first date will work."

"Alright. So, if I get to see you shirtless on our second date, what happens on the third date?" I could just imagine his facial expression as I spoke, becoming more flirty with every word.

"I mean, the third date is usually when all the boundaries go out the window," he chuckled.

"In that case, maybe we should have our second date tomorrow," I decided.

"Someone's impatient!" As he spoke, I heard a noise. It sounded like the screen door opening. The paranoia in me worried that my house was about to become the set of a horror movie, but another inner voice told me that my roommates were probably just coming home early. I grabbed my phone and texted one of them, silent as I typed.

Me: Hey, how's the party going? Are you guys still there?

"Is everything alright? My audio's not going out too, is it?" Mark questioned me, bringing me back to reality.

"No, the audio's fine. Sorry, I just thought I heard the screen door opening. I think it's just my roommates coming home early or something," I replied. One of my roommates replied too.

Maria: It's only the biggest party of the year, of course we're still here! It's a lot of fun. Wish you could have tagged along!

A pang of fear resonated as I typed a message back.

Me: All of you are definitely still there?

Maria: Yeah...why? Is everything okay?

"Hey, you went quiet again. Did you hear me?" I had blocked out Mark's voice, preoccupied with my text conversation.

"No, sorry. My roommates are still gone, I just texted them. I'm sure I heard the screen door, though."

"It was probably nothing. I know I get paranoid when I'm alone at night. That's probably all it is," Mark tried to convince me. I was about to say that he was probably right when I heard the handle of the front door jiggling as if someone was trying to get in. That definitely wasn't something I had imagined. Someone was trying to get into my home, and it wasn't my roommates.

"Someone's trying to get in my house," I panicked. I knew both the front and back door were locked, and I had kept the lights on in the kitchen and living room so people would see that someone was home and nobody would try to get in. Even so, someone wanted inside, and I didn't know how to react.

"Calm down, okay? I'm sure it's nothing. Just try to relax!"

"I can't relax, Mark! I'm not hearing things, not this time! Someone is legitimately trying to get in and I don't know what the hell to do!" I closed and locked my bedroom door and heard the front door open. Someone had found a way to get inside! I took my laptop into my closet with me and sat down on the floor. I closed myself in with the light off and the volume on my computer low.

"They're inside. They got inside my house and the doors were locked!" I whispered, putting my mouth close to my mic so I wouldn't have to speak loudly.

"It'll be okay. Just try to stay calm," Mark soothed me. I heard footsteps, and another door opened. It sounded like it was my bedroom door! Sure enough, the footsteps were much louder until they were right outside my closet. I held my breath and turned my laptop volume all the way down, but I still heard Mark's voice speaking.

"It's okay. I promise it's okay." My heart raced as the closet door opened and I found myself looking at my boyfriend.

"Mark? What the hell are you doing here?!" I didn't even know how to react. The doors had definitely been locked. I had never even given him my address. How did he find me, and why would he break in?

"I didn't want to have to wait any longer to see you," he admitted, crouching down next to me to brush the hair out of my face.

"I thought you lived far away...I thought we would make a plan to meet up...and I never gave you specifics on where I lived. Have you been stalking me?"

"I wouldn't call it that. I've just been doing my research. I really care about you, and I just wanted to meet you. I knew you thought I was catfishing you and you probably would be too scared to meet up with me," he explained.

"I wanted to meet you. I would have agreed to do it. But you finding out where I live and breaking into my house...that's absolutely insane. You're crazy!" I was yelling at that point, and he put his hand over my mouth to silence me.

"I didn't want it to have to be like this. I really didn't. But I can't just have a long distance relationship anymore. I need you to be with me." Mark's voice didn't seem so soothing anymore as he grabbed my arms and held them behind my back. I struggled to fight him, but he was strong. He tied my wrists together behind me and all I could do was yell in the hopes that my neighbors might hear.

"Shh. It's okay. Try to be quiet, we don't want anyone to think anything's wrong." He spoke softly as he put duct tape over my mouth. Tears fell from my eyes and he wiped one of them away with his thumb. If only he hadn't broken into my house and tied me up, then it might have been a sweet moment.

"Don't cry, babe. Everything's going to be okay. You're going to be with me, now." I tried my hardest to scream, to kick him, anything that might help, but it was useless. Nobody came to my rescue as he took me out to his car and put me in the seat next to him. His nice hair, beautiful eyes, flawless smile and sexy voice had fooled me. He wasn't the sweet guy I thought he was - he was a kidnapper. He was MY kidnapper.

Hey guys! Sorry that it's been a while since I've written one of these! This one was inspired by a couple of games that Mark has played recently: Welcome to the Game and Vee Is Calling. I know I've already written a full story about Mark being a kidnapper (it's called Dark Side, in case you didn't know), but I often find myself wishing I could change some things about that story and I wonder what it would be like if I would have taken a different approach to it. Because of that, I thought I'd write a one shot about it! I might write a second part to this one shot, if you guys would like that. But yeah. Let me know what you thought of this one shot and let me know whether or not you expected the ending! Thanks for reading and look out for more one shots, because I have a few that I'm working on that I'll be posting soon :)