Chapter 6: first time at Fat Camp?

"Mother, I'm up! I'm up!" I told her as I stopped her hand from shaking me. Stepping out of the car, I felt the loose gravel grind together beneath my weight. I walked to the back of the car and grabbed my bags. I tossed them on the ground. Looking up from my bags, I saw the big sign.

*Camp Fitness*

The big sign was hanging from a wooden arch. Flowers of different kinds were surrounding the wooden poles. As I grabbed my bag, I thought to myself of how beautiful it was.

"Mom. I don't know what to do." I said to my mother uneasily.

"Honey, just go to the crowd of girls over there."

She was signing me in on a piece of paper a young woman was holding. She was very pretty. She had long blonde hair and dark eyes... I think they're green. She's skinny, too!

Man. I want to look like her. She can't be more than 23.

"Okay. Bye mom. I love you!" I said giving her the best hug I could with my bag in my hands.

"Love you, too!" my mom said after giving me a hug. I walked over to the crowd of girls.

They were all bigger than me, give or take a few. Most of them seemed like they just hated the fact of being here. A woman walked up in front of everyone and started to speak.

"Hello ladies! I'm Kelsey and I will be your instructor. Are you excited to be here?"

She waited for someone to speak. "Well, of course you guys are! Okay! Now, this is all about FUN, FUN, FUN!" she said with the most biggest smile I'd ever seen.

"Sure it is." some girl said while the other girls surrounding her were laughing. "It's all about our parents' money." she said with a smirk.

"Now, now, ladies. That's not it at all. Okay. Well let's get on with the tour."

Kelsey walked over to a big house thing. It had a white door and a bunch of windows. There was a small plant by the door.

"This is the dining hall. This is where we will eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We will also have classes in here." Kelsey opened the door and showed us the kitchen and tables. After that, Kelsey took us outside and walked to the left and showed us some cabins. "This is where you and your cabin mates will be staying during the time you are here. Since we are already here, we should give you your cabins."

One of the other counselors came and gave her a paper. She walked over to the first cabin. It looked like all the other five but it had a purple door.

"Man, I hope we are in the same cabin!" one girl squeaked to another who was jumping up and down.

Ugh. Man, I don't want to be in a group with them.

"ME TOOO!!!" the other girl squealed. Good gosh. I couldn't help but to look at them. I guess with the glare they gave me, I must've have had a facial expression that said, 'look at how stupid you are.'

Haha, awkward...

"Okay, in the purple cabin will be Destiny, Kelbie, Gloria, Hope, and Jordan K. Girls please come and stand with me." Five girls walked in front of everyone and up on the cabin porch.

"Please tell everyone who you are and a little about yourself."

Kelsey looked at the girls and pointed to the girl furthest away from her.

"Hi. I'm Destiny and I'm from Portland Oregon. Umm... I weigh 210 pounds and I'm 15. I want to lose 50 pounds by the end of camp."

Wow.