Chapter one

Idk what to say so yeah, enjoy, cool, whatever, yep ok. 

Picture is of Aaron Johnson who plays Breccan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I groaned, grabbing my head in my hands. With as much force as I could muster I sat up and grabbed the alarm clock and threw it at the wall. The glass broke into tiny fragments and shattered onto the floor. Shoving the pillow over my head I fell asleep again.

*8:10am*

"Shit!' I shouted. Damn, first day of school and i'm already running late. Jumping out of bed I ran to the bathroom and turned on the shower.

After drying myself I wrapped myself up in my towel and blow dried then straightened my long brown hair.

I threw on my dark blue skinny jeans and a white off-the-shoulder top. I stared at myself in the mirror, the jeans helped bring out my deep blue eyes.

Ok, I'm not ugly but to be honest i'm not the prettiest girl either but I seriously couldn't care less what people thought of me.

I have a tiny tan, nice nose and my skin was clear of those disgusting zits. So in all honesty, I was pretty.

My name is Sapphire, hence the eyes, I was lucky to inherit them from my father.

I was always daddy's little girl but that's changed now. Everything has changed. But anyway, we moved out of our house in the city and moved only yesterday to a much quieter place. My mum never liked the city anyway, plus my Aunt Jenna, whos my mum's sister lives only a block from our new house. 

Grabbing my school bag I rushed downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey little sis, late for the first day of school already then, how very clever of you" Breccan, my twin brother smirked.

"Oh, ha ha Breccan. You know we are the same age you know, so quit acting like we're not." I narrowed my eyes at him, whilst shoving past.

Sorry to break it to you ladies but my brother is a player. Yes, he's good looking but he knows it. Arrogant little boy. He takes after my mum, her dark hair and brown eyes. 

"No no little one, I am a whole seven minutes older than you and don't forget it." And with that, he grabbed three pieces of toast, went outside and drove off to school in his car.

"Pig." I muttered, seven is now my least favourite number. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and my mum appeared. Small wrinkles appeared under her eyes, she was tired, so tired of working, sleeping, having us kids to deal with. So tired of missing my father. We all were. But I hid it well.

"Get to school Sapphire, you're going to be late." She pointed to the door with a small smile.

"Yes mum." I sighed. "I was just tired from unpacking."

"I know honey just eat your cereal and get to school quickly, you don't want to make a bad first impression" she said.

"Ok mum, see you later." I gave her a hug, threw on my leather black converses and ran out to my car.

------------

Ronan High School I thought as I was pulling into a parking space. It looks very modern from the outside. Without looking I quickly threw my door open in order to get to class faster but as I did i heard a loud 'thump' from behind the door. I winced, that ought to hurt. 

"What the hell!' A deep voice shouted. I closed the door carefully to find a guy sprawled on the floor with a very angry expression on his face. 

"Oh god." This is all too hilarious, his face all scrunched up like that. Fuck it, I need to laugh. Fits of laughter streamed out of me as I pointed down at him, clutching my stomach.