{Mute} Chapt. 15

Misaki's POV

"I don't like where this is heading, Misaki. What if you get caught?" Cerberus asked in a worried tone. I just shrugged my shoulders as I tried to type in the coordinates of the Leaf Village. I want to go back there because I miss everyone.

Being stuck here in this castle is too boring. "Misaki, where are you?" Azazel called. "He's looking for you." Cerberus informed. I decided to pause on this for a minute and see what Azazel wants. "There you are. Father wants to have a word with you." He said.

I followed him down the hall and towards a big door. "Father, I brought her." Azazel said. The door slowly opened and there, sat a man with huge wings on his back. Was this my father? The man looked up from his book to look at me.  

"Welcome home, Misaki." He said. I kind of wasn't paying attention to him since small, white feathers were all over the place. Literally. They were falling from the ceiling. I think these might be father's.

"Come, my child." He said, motioning me to come forward. At least, that's what I think he was doing. I was too distracted by the falling feathers. "Hey, he's talking to you." Azazel said, nudging my back. "It's all right, Azazel. Misaki is still young." Father defended.

As a white feather was falling, I tried to catch it. But it kept floating out of my hands. I began to chase it until Father caught it. "Are you interested in the feathers?" He asked me with a calm smile.

I nodded my head as I climbed on his lap in attempt to get the feather back

I nodded my head as I climbed on his lap in attempt to get the feather back. "Man, she acts like a kid." Azazel mentioned. "True, but you can't blame her. She has been living on Earth almost her whole life," Father handed me the feather so I could stop reaching for it.

"Although, it does concern me why she won't talk. Are you afraid of something, Misaki? Is that why you refuse to talk?" Father asked me. I shook my head  as I gazed at the feather. "Misaki, look at me when I'm talking to you." He ordered.

I ignored him until he took my chin and made me look at him. "Why aren't you in your demon form? You can be free to express yourself here, Misaki. You're home." Father said. I reached up and gently tugged on Father's horn.

"You act like you've never seen a demon before." Fatehr said with a small chuckle before gently petting my head. "How come you don't talk, Misaki? It's not like Father's going to punish you if you do." Azazel said. Ugh, all these questions are so tiresome.

I need to get out of here. I sneezed before rubbing my nose. "Aw, she's so adorable when she does that!" Cerberus squealed. "Hey, who let you in, Guard Dog?" Azazel said with a frown. "Hey, I'm family, too!" She frowned back.

"You smell. Go outside for a bit."

"Rude!"

"You're too loud."

"Lord Lucifer! He's being mean!" 

"Enough, both of you." Father said, silencing the two of them. "Hmph. Fine. Misaki, come play with me!" Cerberus said. I jumped off Father's lap and Cerberus and I ran out of the room.