{Mute} Chapt. 4

Kakashi's POV

I woke up when I heard crying. I ran to my bedroom and saw Alice crying. "Alice, what's wrong? Are you hurt?" I asked. Alice sniffed then looked at me. I'm guessing she had a nightmare. Alice wiped her eyes then yawned.

After she took a shower, Alice got dressed in the kimono dress I bought her. I walked her to the academy as she held my hand. "I'll pick you up after school, okay?" I said. Alice looked at me then walked towards the academy.

"Um , okay." I said before walking away. She hasn't spoken in three days. Now that I think about it, has she even smiled?

Third Person's POV

Alice walked into her classroom and took her seat. "Morning, Alice." Kiba greeted. Alice didn't respond as she stared at the front of the room. Kiba raised a brow in confusion, wondering why she still won't talk. Iruka walked in the room and got class started.

As Alice was paying attention, Kiba scribbled something on the sheet of paper then passed it to her. Alice took the paper from him then read what he had written: "Are you okay? You seem down."

Alice set the paper aside then looked at Iruka, listening to what he was saying. When lunchtime arrived, Alice waited until all the students were out of the classroom. Once all the students were out, she stood from her desk then walked outside.

She sat on the same bench she was sat at yesterday and watched the kids eat their lunch. Kiba noticed she hasn't eaten today or yesterday. He walked over to her and sat down next to her. "Are you hungry? Here, you can have some of my lunch." Kiba offered.

Alice looked at him then his lunch before staring back at the children. Kiba grew worried that Alice wasn't eating. "I'll be right back. Feel free to eat some food if you want." Kiba said before heading to Iruka. He told Iruka that there was something wrong with Alice, so Iruka followed him outside to where Alice was at.

Alice hadn't moved from her spot on the bench as she stared at the kids. "See? She hasn't even touched it." Kiba said as they were near Alice. "Alice, Kiba tells me you haven't been eating. Is that true?" Iruka asked her.

Alice didn't answer as she stared at him. "Tell you what. I'll take you to Ichiraku's and see if Teuchi has something good for you, okay?" Iruka suggested. Alice didn't respond as Iruka took her had and lead her to Ichiraku's ramen.

"Iruka! Nice to see you! How ya been?" Teuchi said as they entered the restaurant. "Nice to see you too, Teuchi. Listen, I kind of have a favor to ask of you." Iruka said. "What's the matter?" Teuchi asked. "This is Alice, Kakashi's adopted daughter. She's not eating anything her friend's offering, so I thought you would have something good for her." Iruka explained.

Teuchi smiled at Alice as she stared at him. "I'll fix her up some ramen. Would you like that, Alice?" Teuchi said to the little girl. Alice didn't respond, only stared. "Iruka, we've got a trouble!" Ebisu said as he burst in. "What is it?" Iruka asked.

"It's Naruto again!" Ebisu informed. Iruka sighed. "Why am I not surprised?" He mumbled. "Teuchi, do you think you can watch over Alice until I get back?" Iruka requested. "Sure thing, Iruka," Teuchi said. Iruka thanked him before heading off with Ebisu.

"Come on, Alice. Wait here and I'll fix you up some ramen." Teuchi said. Alice sat down and waited patiently as Teuchi prepared the ramen. Ayame walked by with noodles until she saw Alice sitting at the table. "Who's that?" Ayame asked her father.

"This is Alice. Apparently, she was adopted by Kakashi." Teuchi explained. Ayame smiled at the small girl. "Hi, my name is Ayame. It's nice to meet you." Ayame greeted. Alice remained silent as she stared at the table in front of her.