{Mute} Chapt. 13

Third Hokage's POV

The next day, after Squad 7 returned, Kakashi, Alice, and I were in a private hospital room as a nurse was taking a sample of Alice's blood. We were trying to figure out what kind of power Alice had or what family she came from.

After the nurse ran some tests, came back to us with results.

"We couldn't find any information on her." She said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "We researched through her family tree and heritage, but we couldn't find anything. It's as if Alice doesn't exist." The nurse explained.

I looked over at Alice as she gazed out into space. But how is that possible? She must be from the Uchiha Clan because Kakashi mentioned she has the Sharingan. "Are you sure she isn't an Uchiha?" I asked. The nurse shook her head.

"Her information doesn't show that she's an Uchiha." She said. Alice wasn't an Uchiha and she wasn't sick. So, what exactly is she? Kakashi looked at Alice before speaking, "I'll take Alice home and see what I can find about her." He informed.

I gave a nod as Kakashi said, "Let's go, Alice. We're going home." Alice nodded her head and followed Kakashi out the door. I narrowed my eyes at her as she left. For some reason, I couldn't trust Alice.

Not after what I saw yesterday. There's no way she's human. What is she?

Kakashi's POV

Alice and I were heading to the rendezvous point for today's mission, but Alice was lagging behind. She was walking a bit slower today. Was she tired? "Alice, are you feeling okay?" I asked her. She nodded her head slowly, but I knew she was lying.

I stopped walking and Alice bumped into me from behind. I crouched so Alice could get on my back. "Here, I'll carry you." I offered. After staying in that position for a few seconds, I felt Alice climb on my back.

I stood up again and started walking as Alice was on my back. We walked through the training grounds for a short cut to home. As we were passing through, I felt Alice lift her head off my back. "Something wrong, Alice?" I asked.

I glanced back at her as she stared at the K.I.A. Stone. I looked at it as well, then looked back at Alice. "Are you interested in learning more about the stone?" I asked her. Alice shook her head before pointing towards the sky.

I looked towards the sky and saw something coming at us. I quickly dodged out of the way just as the thing was about to hit us. What on earth was that? I set Alice down as the smoke cleared from whatever landed.

Standing there, was some sort of dark angel.

Whoever he was, he didn't seem like a nice guy

Whoever he was, he didn't seem like a nice guy. "Who are you?" I demanded the man. "I didn't come here to fight you. I came for her." He said, pointing towards Alice. I looked at Alice as she was frowning at the man, on her guard.