{Mute} Chapt. 5

Kakashi's POV

"Are you sure she could be an Uchiha?" I asked Lord Hokage. "It's a possibility." He replied. I looked over at Alice as she stared at the stuffed cat I gave her yesterday. She seems to really like it. I tried to take it from her to give her a bath and she ran away to the playground.

So, you could say she's grown pretty attached to that doll. "We'll pick this up later, Kakashi. Right now, you should take Alice to the academy before she's late." Lord Hokage advised. "Um, right." I agreed. I looked at Alice as she was opening the window.

What the hell is she doing? "Alice," I said to her, grabbing her attention. She looked at me with the same blank expression. "What do you think you're doing?" I asked. She continued to stare at me, not answering my question. "Kakashi, you should probably grab her before she does something dangerous." Lord Hokage said.

I didn't waste another second as I grabbed Alice and pulled her away from the open window. "Let's go before you're late to class, Alice." I said as I took her hand. We left the Hokage House and headed straight for the academy.

"Alice, how about I hold onto your doll while you're inside?" I suggested. Alice looked at me before keeping the doll out of my reach. "You're going to be in class and you have to focus on what you're teacher is telling you," I said to her. She still kept a hold on the stuffed animal as she continued to stare at me. 

I sighed. "I won't do anything to your cat. I promise. I'll keep it safe." I said. Alice hestiataed before handing me her doll. I held it as she took off to the academy.

Third Person's POV

Alice walked in the classroom and took her seat next to Kiba. As usual, she stayed quiet as Iruka went on with the lesson. Alice paid close attention as Iruka informed the class that they were going to be performing the Clone Jutsu in order to graduate from the academy.

Lunchtime arrived, making the students rise from their seats. They left the classroom to eat as Alice stayed in her seat. Alice stared emotionlessly at the board as she refused to move from her seat. After a few minutes passed, a couple of boys began to bother Alice.

"Hey, Alice. I was just thinking, since you're new and all, do you want to go get some lunch or something?" The boy asked. Alice stared at him as she didn't respond. The two boys looked at each other with a confused expression.

"Let me try something," His friend said before sitting next to the muted girl. "Alice," He said, trying to act cool. He draped his arm over Alice's shoulder. "Since you're new and all, I was thinking I could walk you around the village. What do you say?" He asked.

Alice just stared at him before moving her gaze to his arm which was draped over her. "Just forget it, man. She won't say anything." His friend said. The boy frowned before taking his arm off Alice's shoulder. "Hey, Alice. What's wrong with you? What are you so quiet?" He asked.

"I don't get it. What's the matter with you? Can't you even hear us?" His friend chimed in. Alice just stared at them then looked down at her desk. Kiba walked back inside the classroom and caught the two boys bothering Alice.

"Hey, Alice. Who do I look like when I do this?" The boy teased as he stared back at her while laughing. "Leave her alone, will ya? It's not her fault she's quiet." Kiba defended. "Look at her, Kiba. She's so creepy. She won't talk. She won't do nothing." The boy said.

"Maybe she doesn't like talking to jerks like you." Kiba said with a glare. The two boys frowned at him as if preparing to fight him. Thankfully, Iruka walked in the classroom and told everyone to go back to their seats so he can resume class. Alice, once again, stared off into space as Iruka resumed class.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Class ended quickly that day, so Alice decided to go back to the Uchiha Clan. She was concerned why her head started hurting and she wanted to know why she saw that man in her mind. Alice walked past the 'do not cross' lines and entered the village.

What Alice wasn't expecting was company. She spotted Sasuke Uchiha looking around. 'What's he doing here?' Alice wondered. She decided to turn around so she wouldn't bother him. When Alice began to walk away, she accidentally stepped on a twig.

Sasuke heard the twig snap then turned around to look at Alice. "What are you doing here?" He frowned at her. Alice stared at him but didn't answer. "Well? Say something!" Sasuke demanded. Alice continued to stare at him.

When Sasuke got a closer look at Alice, his eyes widened in disbelief. "Naomi?" He asked. Alice tilted her head to the side. 'Who the hell is Naomi?' Alice thought. Her began to hurt as she stared at Sasuke. When the pain became too unbearable, Alice grabbed her head in pain and whimpered softly.

"Naomi, are you okay?" Sasuke asked her. He began to walk towards her to see if she was alright. Alice took a small step back away from him as her whimpers got louder. Her head began to fill with unknown images.

The same man with long black hair and onyx eyes appeared in her head again. "You shouldn't cry, Naomi. Everything's okay now." The man said. Alice's whimpers got louder as tears rolled down her cheeks, unsure why these images were in her head.

"Naomi?" Sasuke said with worry. Alice couldn't take it anymore. She ran off as she held her head in pain. Alice ran until she bumped into someone. She looked up, seeing Kakashi. "Alice? Why aren't you in the academy? Did something happen?" He asked.

She quickly hugged his waist and began to cry in his stomach. "Alice?" Kakashi asked as he looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Alice looked at him with a pleading face. Kakashi read her face like a book: "Please help me."

"What's the matter? What do you need help with?" He asked. Alice sniffed and hugged him tighter. Kakashi read her face again and figured out what was wrong with her. "You don't know why your head is hurting?" He asked.

Alice shook her head no then hugged him again out of fear. Kakashi gently rubbed her back. "It's okay. We'll go to Lord Hokage to find out why your head is hurting." He explained to her. Alice gave a small nod before wiping her eyes.

Kakashi picked her up and carried her to the Hokage House to talk to Lord Hokage. Once they were there, they entered the office. "Lord Hokage," Kakashi said as he gave a slight bow. "What's the matter, Kakashi? Did something happen to Alice?" Lord Hokage asked.

"Well... more or less. Her head is hurting and she doesn't know why." He explained. "She told you this?" The Hokage asked with a bit of shock on his face. "No, not really. I was able to read her like a book." Kakashi stated. "I see,"

The Hokage looked at Alice as she held her stuffed cat in her arms. "Alice, do you know why your head is hurting?" He asked her. Alice shook her head, but suddenly got an idea. She pointed at the Hokage then at her head.

The Hokage and Kakashi were confused by her act of words. Knowing they wouldn't understand her, Alice looked around before spotting a picture of the Fourth Hokage behind the Third Hokage's desk. She pointed at it, making the two adults turn around, following her pointed finger.

"Picture? You're saying you see pictures in your head every time your head hurts?" Lord Hokage asked. Alice nodded her head before grabbing her head, afraid it would hurt again. 'It must mean her memories are trying to come back' Lord Hokage thought.

He wanted to tell her it could be her memories, but he knew she wouldn't be able to respond or maybe understand. He decided to tell her until she was older. "I'm sure it's just a small headache, Alice. It will fade soon." The Hokage lied.

Kakashi looked at him, concerned why he lied to her, but quickly caught on. "All you need is some rest. I'm sure you'll feel better in the morning." The Hokage promised. Alice nodded her head slightly before looking at her stuffed cat.

She got out of Kakashi's arms and began to play with her cat. "Lord Third, are you sure it has something to do with her memories?" Kakashi asked. "It has to be. Why else would she be in pain? What I'm concerned about is why she refuses to talk." Lord Third said as he stared down at the innocent child.

What kind of secret was Alice not telling? Could she really have lost her voice, or is this the work of someone else? If so, then who could it be?