{Mute} Chapt. 9

Alice's POV

I don't know why I can't talk. Actually, I don't know why I refuse to talk. I opened my eyes and found Kakashi asleep. I got out of his hold and went outside, realizing it was dark. Walking through the streets, I found Ino's house.

I remember she tasted sweet the last time I tasted her. She tasted sweeter than Sakura. I want to taste her again. I couldn't tell if she tasted like grapes or raspberries. I climbed near her window and found on her bed, reading a book.

When Ino looked at me, her eyes widened and she walked over tot he window to let me in. "Alice, what are you doing here? It's late. You're suppose to be asleep," She said to me. I could tell her the same thing if I could talk.

"If my parents find out you're here, they'll freak out and call your sensei." Ino whispered. I shook my head, not wanting to leave. I was getting impatient because I really wanted to taste Ino again. "Alice, you have to go home. It's late and-"

I cut her off when I pushed her down on her bed. "What are you-!" I put a finger to my lips, signaling her to be quiet. I leaned towards her and gently planted my lips on hers. She blushed at my action then pulled away. "Alice, no! Stop!" She said quickly.

I raised a brow at her, asking her why. "Don't give me that look. You know exactly why." Ino said with a frown. I kissed her forehead then looked into her eyes. "Alice, let me ask you something," Ino said. I nodded my head, telling her to go on.

"Where did you come from? Who's your mother?" She asked me. I got off her and stared at the wall. How am I suppose to answer her that? I don't know who my mother is. I felt Ino sit up. "Alice?" She asked me. I didn't turn around to face her.

"You don't know?" Ino asked. I shook my head. I really want to know who my mother was though. What if she's dead? Maybe she is dead and I just don't know it. I looked over at Ino as I felt her hand on my cheek. She wiped my eye then smiled at me.

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt a teardrop land on the back of my hand. "Don't cry, Alice. I'm sure your mother's out there somewhere." Ino said with a soft smile before gently kissing my forehead. I don't know why, but I hugged Ino after that.

I don't understand why I'm feeling so sad. This hasn't bothered me before and I didn't care about where my mother was. So why is this happening now? I looked up at Ino and gently kissed her. Ino's eyes widened slightly until she slowly began to kiss back.

I wrapped my arms around her waist as she placed her hands on my shoulders. I was right, she does taste like grapes. She even taste way sweeter than Sakura. I pulled away and kissed down Ino's neck as a blush formed on her face.

I went back up to her face and kissed her cheek before getting off her bed and heading to the window. I waved goodbye to her then left through her window. I walked back to Kakashi's house and entered the front door. When I entered, I found Kakashi asleep on the couch.

Sighing, I grabbed a blanket and climbed in the couch with him, draping the blanket over us. I snuggled into his chest and fell asleep. The next morning, the smell of meat hit my nose. I sat up and looked towards the kitchen, seeing Kakashi by the stove.

"Good morning, Alice," Kakashi turned his head to look at me. "How did you sleep?" He asked me. I gave him a shrug and walked over to him. "Get dressed. Today, we have a mission to protect the bridge builder named Tazuna." He said.

I raised a brow, wondering who that was. "I told you this yesterday. Weren't you paying attention?" Kakashi asked me. I shook my head. I left the room and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower, Once I was done in the shower, I went to my own room to got dressed in a plain white outfit.