Secret

The next day Lilla invited me over. Stefan said he would be at his place and to call if I needed anything. He dropped me off at Lilla's around 2 after we had lunch with my aunt.

"Okay, so I'm hoping you know what you're doing in English. I have no idea. Please help me study?" Lilla asked as soon as I walked in.

I nodded. "Yeah. Sure. It's really not that hard." At least not for me. English was my best subject.

"Good!" She pulled me up to her room and flopped in a bean bag chair and motioned for me to sit in the other. "Miss Makos has no idea how to teach!"

"No, Lilla. You have no idea how to listen." I told her.

She gave me an unpleasant look and pulled out her notes. "I've been studying all week! I can't get anything."

I sighed and started to quiz her. She was doing okay. If she took the test she would probably get half right.

"What is symbolism?" I asked her.

"Uhm... Something that represents something?" She asked.

I sighed again. "Kinda." I told her. "The definition is, the use of symbols to represent ideas or qualities."

"Oh, right, right."

 I just shook my head and kept going. We studied for about an hour or more. She got better.

"Okay. How about we take a break." I told her. "You're getting better."

She nodded and took her notes back. "Thank you! I will pass, right?"

"If you remember it all, yes. If that was the test you would have gotten maybe an eighty."

"Oooo! Yay!" She said and bounced in her bean bag chair.

I laughed and shook my head. I don't know how I became friends with her.

"Can I show you something now?" She asked excitedly.

"Sure. Why not?" I shrugged.

"I trust that you won't tell anyone!" She closed her eyes and was gone.

I looked around. "Lilla? Lilla... Where did you go?"

I heard a giggle on my shoulder. "Right here, silly!"

I looked to my right and on my shoulder sat Lilla. She was wearing a blue dress. Her blonde and blue hair was still hanging down. She had little bluish wings as well and light blue flats. She was about 3 inches tall. I just stared at her.

"Hold you hand out." She told me.

I held my hand out and she flew onto it and stood there.

"What are you?" I asked.

"I'm a fairy! You can look at me. Just be gentle. I'm only three inches tall." She giggled.

I gently picked up her hair and felt the dress. I saw her ears. They were pointy like mine but... more pointed. They were longer and the point was more defined.

"Can you set me on the floor now?" She asked.

I nodded and let her step onto the floor. She changed back to her normal self. She was back to wearing her jeans and purple top. I just looked at her and she sat back in the chair.

"What do ya think?" She asked.

"That's... That's amazing! I never knew fairies were real!" I told her.

"Well you should know. You're an elf, aren't you?"

I looked at her and couldn't think of anything to say. How long had she known? Did Stefan tell her? No... What about Damon, or even Anna before she left. "How... How do you know about that?"

She shrugged. "I'm a fairy. I know other supernatural creatures. We get along with elves very well. That also explains my peppy attitude."

I nodded. "Yes.. Yes that does. I've heard stories about you guys. I've just never seen one."

She smiled. "Now you have! Do you mind if I see your ears?"

I paused for a moment put pulled my hair back for her. She played with them like Stefan and Damon had the first time they saw them.

She giggled. "So cool!"

I kinda made a face but smiled. "Thanks. I like to hide them cause I was picked on before when I was around humans. That's why I never tie my hair back real tight, and it always hangs over my ears."

She nodded. "Understandable. Does Stefan know?"

"Yeah. Him and Damon. They both found out about it on accident, but they both promised to not say anything. And I won't tell anyone about you. You won't tell anyone about me either, right?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "Of course not! I have a secret and so do you. I won't tell anyone if you won't."

I nodded. "I won't. Promise."

Later in the day we made dinner. Even though I was vegetarian, she made me something I could eat. She offered to drive me to my house but I told her Stefan was staying over again so he was going to pick me up.

We studied for a bit more till he got there. He came to the door and knocked and Lilla ran over and opened it.

"Hi!" She said.

"Hey Lilla. Alazia, you ready to go home?" He asked, looking around Lilla.

I stood up and nodded. "Yeah."

"I'll see you Monday!" Lilla said to me and gave me a hug. "Remember, you promised." She whispered in my ear.

I whispered back. "Safe with me. And you promised too."

She smiled and nodded with a little giggle and waved at us as we left.

"Had fun?" Stefan asked.

I nodded. "It was really fun." I knew I could trust him to keep the secret, but I promised Lilla so I wouldn't tell him.

"That's good." He said and drove us back to my house.

*Author's Note: Another chapter in one day! Enjoy!*