Alone

I showed Stefan where my house was and we pulled into the driveway.

"There you go." He told me.

I smiled at him. "Thank you."

"Hey, no problem. You've had a hard first day already. I'll talk to my brother. I promise."

I nodded and smiled more. He was just so sweet! But at the same time, I felt I couldn't trust him. Not just yet anyway.

"Do you want me to walk you to the door?" He asked.

I blinked a bit, realizing I was staring at him. I couldn't help it. He was the hottest guy that even talked to me! "No. It-It's fine." I stuttered.

He shrugged. "I'd bring you home every day, but I kinda have football practice after school. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday's."

"Oh, you're in football?" I tried making the conversation last. He was about the only one besides Lilla, that was nice to me. I didn't want him to leave me.

He nodded again. "Quarterback."

I blinked again. Was he serious? Wasn't the quarterback supposed to be an ass hole that slept around? I mean, of anyone, I'd expect it to be Damon. "Wow. Does your brother play?"

"Nah. He's not into sports. Friday is our first game. Why don't you come out."

I nodded. "I-I will." Lilla was cheerleading captain and apparently Stefan was quarterback. Maybe if I hung around these guys, more people would like me.

"Well, I have to go. I can pick you up tomorrow. If you want."

I took a deep breath. "That's up to you. I don't mind riding the bus. I mean, my aunt brought me this morning..."

"I'll be here at seven." He told me.

"Okay." I smiled a little and nodded and got out of the car.

"See ya in the morning!" He called out the window before he drove off.

I smiled and waved at him as he drove down the street.

when I got in the big empty house I felt alone again. I dropped my bag on the couch and ran up to my room. I kicked the door closed an looked at the light purple walls. I had a few paintings up and a picture of my brother, sister and parents on the oak dresser. I pulled my jacket off and dropped it on the floor. I collapsed onto my bed and curled into a ball, hugging the multicolored comforter. I just allowed the tears to flow.

Yes, I was kinda upset that Stefan had to leave but I was more upset that I would be alone the rest of the night. Aunt Judy works from 1pm to 12am. I was alone. I was called short, hit with a dodgeball in the face and then locked in my locker. All in one day and by the same person! The same person who's brother is extremely sweet to me. I hid all of this from him because I was afraid if I just let it all go in the first day I met him he wouldn't ever talk to me again.

I cried harder and curled into a ball. I cried for about an hour before I heated up some leftovers and tmate them. When I finished I went back upstairs. On the plus side Stefan was going to pick me up in the morning. I grabbed some clothes and jumped in the shower.

"Well, maybe Stefan or Lilla will let me watch them practice tomorrow." I said to myself.

I got out and got dressed. I curled under my blankets. It was only 7. Oh well. I started to cry more and cried myself to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------

"Damon, what the hell was that today?!" Stefan said when he walked into his house. Damon was in the couch eating Fruit Loops from the box.

"Uhm... That was a first day of senior year?" He said, stuffing more in his mouth.

Stefan rolled his eyes. "No. I mean the way you treated the new girl! She can't help it she's small. Did you ever think it's a medical problem, a deformity? Plus, she's clearly really shy!"

Damon just looked at him and shrugged. "And?"

"And you don't just hit her in the face with a ball and then lock her in a locker! Damon, she kept it cool the whole ride home but as soon as she closed her door she probably broke down."

Damon continued to eat the cereal and stared at his brother.

Stefan was irritated. "She had a terrible first day, and it's because of you." He pointed at him.

Damon nodded, his mouth full. "Right. Soooo... I'm sorry?"

"Tell that to her!"

Damon stood up and walked towards Stefan. "Look brother. You're quarterback of the football team! You can have ALLLL the girls you want and whatever one you want. Just go find a really hot one and get laid! I don't know why you aren't having that hot chick... What's her name... Lilly?"

Stefan rolled his eyes. "Lilla."

"Right, Lilla. I don't know why you don't have her!"

"Damon, I'm not like you. I'm not going to go around, picking random girls to sleep with!"

"Try it some time. It's an amazing experience. No commitment." He walked off into the kitchen, carrying the cereal box.

Stefan clenched his teeth and rolled his eyes and walked upstairs.

*Author's Note: Chapter for ya. Sorry for the wait. Enjoy!*