TWENTY NINE

[ xxix

[ xxix. CHAPTER TWENTY NINE ]

"Hey guys!" Brooke greets the group of friends, while the rest of them were eyeing at one another. The blonde frowns, seeing that her best friend was missing from the group.

"Where's Alex?" Brooke asks, the group while they stood there, quiet.

"We don't know." Emma lets out, while Jake looks down at the ground. Brooke looks over at Jake, and furrowed her eyebrows. "Jake?" she asks, while he looks up at the petite blonde and shrugs.

"I tried calling her but she's not answering." Jake responds quietly. Out of his curiosity, he just wanted to know where his best friend, his girlfriend was.

˚˚˚

Alex arrived late to school, she didn't seem to bother to attend any of her classes. Alex entered the theatre, sitting by the second row, and just for some peace and quiet. She wanted to be alone, just for a bit... until music started playing.

Chimes at midnight
Will you come and play
You can hide but
If you run away
I will find you
I'll come and find you

Alex Verona scans around her surroundings, she was in the school's theatre, alone. While the music was playing, she got up from her seat and started to walk around the theatre, trying to find out where the music was playing.

Something wicked singing in the wind

"Hello?" Alex calls out as the song was on repeat, she furrowed her eyebrows.

Devils dances waiting to begin
Hearing it calling hear how it whispers

She heard glass shatter on the stage, she walks towards the stage, seeing a puddle of blood. Her face scrunches up.

"What the hell is going on..." Alex whispers to herself, as she looks closely at the incident.

Hearing the door open and close, she stood still, slowing grabbing the knife from her boot and slipping the knife inside her leather jacket.

I will find you
I'll come and find you

The brunette turns around seeing the Brandon James masked killer. "I'm not afraid of you!" she yelled out at the killer as he takes out a clean knife, showing her. The killer began running towards her until she ran like hell.

She ran inside the nearest bathroom, and placed her feet onto the toilet seat, covering her mouth from making any sort of noise. Alex's phone began to chime, seeing it was UNKNOWN CALL.

She accepted, but didn't answer the phone call.

"Hello, Alex. Missed me? I sure missed you, you can run but you can't hide. No one can hear you."

The call had ended, Alex felt the warm tears fall upon her face as she covered her mouth to stop herself from crying.

˚˚˚