TWENTY FOUR

[ xxiv

[ xxiv. CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR ]

Alex Verona sat in the theatre, while watching all the girls, preparing for the Lady of the Lake pageant. Considering her best friend, Brooke Maddox had forced her to come with her as she didn't want to do this alone.

Brooke had tried her best with her fake smiles and standing straight but she let out a laugh when she notice's Alex sticking out her tongue, eyes widen, making weird faces at her. The rest of her competition gave her a look while she shrugs walking off to a corner to check her instagram.

Alex Verona, was scrolling through her contacts on her phone then, she went past her father's number. She wanted to call her father, but had no idea on how to apologize for her outbursts.

She sighs, as she got out of her seat, walking towards the exist to go to the bathroom when she noticed Stavo Acosta.

"What are you doing here?" Alex questions, scrunching her face as she stared down at the tanned boy. "Came here to get some laps and then discovered this circus. What are you doing here?" he answers, smirking at the brunette. Brooke had gotten bored, and noticed another face by the theatre and walks towards Alex.

"To support my best friend, who is standing right beside me. What's up?" Alex then turns to Brooke seeing she had a unamused look plastering her face.

"We seriously need to go on a full on shopping day after this." Brooke suggests to the brunette, as she nods in agreement.

"Okay, we can go after school or this weekend whatever you want. Well, I'll be right back I have to go to the bathroom." Alex tells Brooke as she leaves the theatre.

Alex enters the bathroom, she glances at herself in the mirror and sighs. "Not getting enough sleep is seriously a killer." she mutters to herself as she applies some cherry chapstick onto her lips. She huffs, existing the bathroom as she heads back to the theatre seeing she walked into a conversation between Brooke and Zoe.

"Okay, no, it's not a crush. I'm just a little obsessed with his podcast." Zoe argues back to the petite blonde.

"Ah, Noah Foster. Talk of the hour among teenage girls." Alex interrupts, while Zoe chuckles, glancing over at the brunette.

"Yes, but he was with Riley and that was so sad. Now, he always with Audrey. Although, after that video last fall, I guess guys aren't her thing? Did you see it? Who would even post something like that?" Zoe questions at the brunette and the blonde while Brooke and Alex exchanged looks at one another knowing well who posted that video.

"Mean people who don't think." Brooke answers, shaking her head. "In other news, I definitely think there's something we can do about this whole Noah situation." Brooke tells the beautiful girl while Alex smiled widely.

"Ah, Zoe and Noah. That will be easy considering the two already have that sexual tension down. Eye sex during psych class." Alex mentions, smirking at Zoe while she smiles at her.